Chapter 14

Angel's eyes blinked open.

She was in an unfamiliar bed, an unfamiliar room, full of unfamiliar people.

She tried to call out, but she couldn't. Angel scanned the room. A sign above the door announced the place was Room 3 of St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies. 

Why am I here? Angel thought. What happened?

Mum! Dad! She tried to scream. Mum! Help! I'm lost! What's wrong with me? 

Angel's head began to spin, and there were stars in her vision. She tried to make a noise. Any noise to signal to someone that she was awake, but all she could manage was a gruff grunt. 

Her wild eyes roamed the room. Her head hurt, and her throat was scratchy. 

A man in a hospital uniform walked over. 

"She's awake!" He yelled, and quite a few other doctors ran over, excitedly.

"Hey sweetie." A blonde woman said, reassuringly. "You're in St. Mungo's. You were in a fire. Do you remember?"

Angel nodded. The memories were coming back. 

"You inhaled too much smoke. You fainted, and you had quite a few severe burns. Now, I don't want you to be alarmed, but I have some sad news. Your voice box was severely damaged, and I am afraid that- it is such a shame- you may never speak again."

Angel's eyes widened in shock. NEVER! How would she tell others what she wanted to say? 

"We will teach you and your family sign language, though! So you can communicate!" A man said, trying to lift the mood.  

"Speaking of your family," the blonde exclaimed, "They're here to see you!" 

Angel smiled. At least she could see her family!

Molly and Arthur entered first. 

"Hey sweetie." Molly said gently.

"Hi" Arthur chimed in.

The rest of the family entered next, treading lightly, as if one wrong step might break her.

Fred and George ran forward, tears streaming down both of their faces.

"It was our fault! We're so sorry!" George sobbed.

"You thought it was another one of our pranks, didn't you!" Fred said guiltily.

Angel wanted to tell them that she forgave them. She wanted to reassure them, to comfort them. 

Bill, who had not been there earlier, rushed in.

"Where's my baby sister!?!" He screamed hysterically, "What happened to her? Is she okay?!?" 

"SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" the nurses shushed rudely.

Seeing Angel, he rushed over to her.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

Angel wanted to answer. Bill was like a father to her. 

There was so much she was bursting to say. She wanted to scream. She wanted to tell Bill she was okay. She wanted to tell her parents that she loved them. She wanted to tell the twins she forgave them. She wanted to tell Charlie that she liked his shirt. She wanted to ask Ron why he looked like he was gonna be sick. She wanted to tell Ginny to bring her a book from home, but she couldn't. She hadn't realized how much she talked, until she couldn't.

She couldn't. 

She couldn't.

She couldn't.....

"Angel? Answer me?" Bill said, worriedly.

"Answer me?"

A tear rolled down Angel's face. Bill cupped her face in his hands.

"Answer me."

"Answer me."

Tears were streaming down both Angel's and Bill's faces.

"Answer me...." Bill's voice trailed off into a soft whisper, meant for only Angel's ears.

"Answer me." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sup yall. Bet you weren't expecting that huh? so, i don't have anything else to say, so um. 

BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! 

<3 Kayla