LA FOLIA

The night had come. Leonora, Georgiana and Edgar were all in Manila. Consequently, Joachim and Rosalie were compelled to attend the most awaited event to represent their family. Rosalie was of course reluctant to go but her father-in-law insisted that they should not miss Homer's party. People in Santa Lucia talked about it. Nearly everyone was excited even though they were not invited because of course it was Homer's night. And Rosalie was extremely anxious. She didn't know what to feel. Two nights ago, Homer had consumed her. The day after that, she had decided that she should never be close to him again but what about now? Surely, they would see each other again.

Rosalie, in the tub once again embraced herself. She sighed deeply until she heard one of her servants knocked on the bathroom door. "Mrs Ramos?"

"Come in." Ysa already had a bathrobe with her. "Ah- Ma'am naka handa na po ang susuotin nyo sa kwarto nyo."

"Thank you." She stood up, got the robe and tied it. Rosalie then sat at the front of her vanity mirror. "Would it be better kung nakataas ang buhok ko o hindi?" She glanced at her dress on the bed. The servant contemplated for a while and stared at Ralph and Russo's glamorous dress. It was a green metallic velvet long gown. It had deep v neckline, long sleeved, had a slight slit on the left that would reveal her slender leg and had a section in its rear that was stylistically cropped to expose her skin on the back. There was no denying that she would look marvellously elegant in that gown but there was still uncertainty whether it was appropriate to wear or not. Surely, she was not trying to seduce anyone. Again, she was after all, a married woman. And she was only attending Homer's dinner party to represent her family. "Itaas na lang po natin buhok nyo ma'am." She nodded and Rosalie stared at her pale reflection.

Later, the servant started fixing her hair. She then applied her make up on. Her lips painted in dark crimson, her lashes were bolder and thicker with mascara, and her hair was braided in a bun. Lastly, Rosalie picked up her wedding ring and wore it. When she finally wore her gown, she stood next to Ysa in front of the body mirror. Rosalie looked exquisitely beautiful. The dress perfectly fit her figure. Every curve of her body had been highlighted, her legs, her breasts – everything a man could ever wish for. "Ma'am bagay na bagay po sa inyo! Sigurado po akong kayo ang pinaka maganda mamaya sa dinner party."

"Salamat

"Salamat." Rosalie just put her shoes on when the servant suddenly said, "Ay nako ma'am tumawag pala kagabi ang asawa nyo." She gulped. Edgar. She could not deal with Edgar now. She wished he would come back later. Suddenly, she was aware that she just betrayed him again.

"Anong sabi nya? Babalik na ba sya?"

"Yon na nga po eh. Hinahanap nya po kayo kagabi-"

"Bakit hindi mo ako tinawag?" Her heart was beating so fast. Edgar could not know that's he was with Homer last night.

"Eh, gabing- gabi na pong tumawag si sir mga alas onse na ng gabi ma'am nahiya naman po akong kumatok sa kwarto nyo."

"Anong sabi nya?"