THE ADULTERESS

"Homer?" Rosalie breathed. The waves of the sea hovered the shoreline more destructively and her heart seemed to drown along with it. As the birds on the horizon fled, and as the wind blew her hair across her face, Homer rose from his seat. Rosalie, with her wide-opened eyes could do nothing but to watch him place his glass on the table and like a dream, walked towards her.

Homer stopped few metres away from front door where she was standing. They stared. Rosalie didn't know what to do. Her entrails had been tangled and entangled from the inside. Slowly, she crumbled into pieces. She didn't know what to do. When Rosalie glanced at Juanico and Lovisa, they seemed to have a world of their own for they were now having a conversation, as if she and Homer did not exist at all. And when she looked at Homer again, she seemed to have fallen in love over and over again. The intensity of his gaze was melting her away.

Rosalie completely had no idea that he would be seeing her. After a day of not approaching her, here he was, gloriously standing in front of her. Homer was changing like a current. She could never predict what he was thinking. "I- I didn't know- I, I thought you were with Minerva and-" She sighed, looking away from him. To her surprise, Homer suddenly pulled her waist toward his body. Still staring at her, and with their lips so close to each other, he whispered, "Don't tell me you're jealous." Rosalie being quite conscious of Lovisa and Juanico in front of them, turned her cheek against his lips.

"Hindi ka tumawag." Homer chuckled a bit as he loosened his arm. Rosalie was actually surprised as it was the first time she heard him laugh a bit. Slowly, she turned her face to him again. Before she could even say a word Homer huskily hissed, "Dinala kita dito." She could already feel the heat of his breath touching her cheeks, the intensity of their bodies so close to one another felt as if she was about to burn anytime.

Rosalie sighed and nodded. "I- I miss you." She felt his body stiffened but he immediately relaxed, she thought he almost smiled but he didn't. Rosalie heaved another sigh and when she noticed that Lovisa and Juanico were so drawn to each other, and since she could not take it anymore, she leaned forward to give him a quick kiss on the lips and embrace him. "I miss you." Rosalie closed her eyes and hugged him tighter. She thought she wouldn't be able to see him again. She thought Homer would never ever be with her again like this. "So much." Rosalie was almost breathless as she as buried her face on his chest. After more than twenty years at least, she allowed herself to breathe once again. It was worth it.

Just when her tears were about to flicker from her eyes again, Homer gently cupped her cheeks. Rosalie blinked multiple times to focus her visions. In the balcony, as the two of them stood against the sun, Homer carefully brought her face towards his. And he claimed her lips.

Lovisa and Juanico's presence were nothing. They were alone. In front of the bright horizon, along with the sound of the waves and the birds, with their eyes closed, they moved their mouths in perfect motion. It was a slow mind blowing kiss. With wind blowing her hair, Homer gently brushed them off her face to passionately roam his tongue into the roof of her mouth. Rosalie sighed as he sighed. Her hand was now clutching on his polo tighter and tighter. She tried to dominate and deepen their kiss but she felt as if she was about to dissolve with his gentleness. Homer had never kissed her like this. So, tender and so loving. That even though it was slow and extremely unhurried, Rosalie was still left breathless.

She was almost panting when he released her mouth. Homer's eyes on the other hand, were still closed and his forehead was leaning against hers he asked, "Have you eaten your lunch?" Rosalie stared at him as she slowly loosened her grip on his polo. She thought she could and would never be able to recover from that kiss he had given her and so she did not say a word. Rosalie only recovered when he opened his eyes. "Uhm- uh no, not yet. Ikaw?"