Pancakes

Serena's POV

I woke up to the smell of fresh pancakes filling the air. I grinned and quickly jumped out the bed, almost forgetting I was not in Jim's apartment, and that I was in Bruce's mansion. Of course, Jim would never make pancakes, and Lee and him were always out the house by 7. Barbara used to make french toast all the time, but now she's kinda crazy and locked up in Arkham. I forced myself to think of something else as I headed downstairs to the kitchen.

"Good morning Serena. Did you sleep well?" Bruce asked. 

"Yes, thank you so much Bruce for letting me spend the night." I said, hugging him. 

"Your welcome Serena. I'm worried about you. This whole Barbara thing has gotten you all worked up. I'm glad I could at least take your mind off it a little bit." Bruce said.

I smiled at him. 

"Thanks Bruce." I said. 

"Pancakes are ready Master Bruce!" Alfred called.

Bruce and I grinned at each other and headed toward the dining room, where a large platter of pancakes laid. Yum.

"Thank you Alfred." Bruce said.

"Yea, thanks Alfred!"I added and quickly took a seat and began to eat.

Bruce and I had a small conversation about normal things like the news and school. 

"So you are learning self defense?" I asked.

"Yes, so that I can learn to protect myself better." He replied. 

"Cool!" I said, and ate another pancake.

"Would you like to watch one of the lessons? That is, if you aren't doing anything today.." Bruce asked.

"Watch? I want to learn!" I replied.

Bruce laughed.

"You sure?" He asked.

I nodded.

"Let's go tell Alfred then!" Bruce replied.

I grinned and we ran to the Study to go tell Alfred.