Dinner Night

Serena's POV

I unlocked the door to Jim's apartment and headed inside. I quickly turned on the lights and headed into the kitchen. I was kind of annoyed that Jim just casually just spends the nights at Lee's place and not invite me, but at the same time, I'm kinda glad. Lee and I aren't really on the best terms, since I kind of took Barbara's side on the whole thing. But I also gave Lee more time to escape so she should be thankful. I couldn't hate Lee though, she seemed like an okay person. 

I pulled out some leftover spaghetti and threw it into the microwave. After about 2 minutes I took it out and then began to eat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jim's POV

"This looks amazing Lee." I said, as Lee brought out some of the food she made.

"Thanks Jim. But I do kind of feel bad for not inviting Serena over here. How is she doing?" Lee asked.

I sighed. I totally forgot to invite Serena over here. I just assumed she would be fine with it.

"She's doing okay, I think." I replied. 

Lee nodded and we began to eat. A couple minutes later though, my phone began to ring.

I groaned.

"Probably work." I told Lee, and stood up and walked away to answer it.

If it was Harvey I swear to god I'm going to beat his-

"Hello Jim." Barbara said through the phone.

I froze. Barbara? Why the hell was she calling? And how did she get a phone in Arkham?

"Barbara... nice to hear from you. How are you?" I asked awkwardly. 

"Oh you know, I'm holding up. It's quite boring in here." Barbara replied.

"It's for your own good Barbara." I growled.

"What? No Jim, you got it all wrong! Lee attacked me! She's the one who should be here! Not me! Jim please!" Barbara protested, sounding like she was about to cry.

"Goodbye Barbara." I said, and hanged up.

Moments later Lee's phone rang.

"Don't answer it." I said.

"Why?" Lee asked, walking over.

I grabbed her arm.

"It's Barbara." I replied.

Lee froze as the voicemail played.

"Hi girlfriend, sorry you missed my call. I just wanted to say, I hope you die screaming b*tch." Barbara said, laughing.

Lee gave me a worried look.

"There's only one person she hasn't called yet." Lee told me.

I then understood why she was worried.

"Serena." I said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Serena's POV

I finished dinner and was cleaning up when my phone began to ring. I groaned, who could it be now? I walked over and looked at my phone confused. It was a number I didn't recognize.  Weird. I hit accept and then held it to my ear.

"Hello?" I asked.