Staying Silent

Update: 

So first off, thank you so much for enjoying the story! I originally wasn't going to update this story but it seems that people enjoy it so here you go! I'll try to be more active!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Serena's POV

"What?" I asked, confused.

Barbara rolled her eyes.

"Come on Serena, just do it." Barbara insisted, crossing her arms.

"Is Uncle going to get hurt?" I asked, raising a brow at the man behind her. 

Barbara glanced at the man behind her, then smirked at me. 

"Of course not sweetie." She said, but her tone said otherwise.

I stared at her for a moment, then back at the GCPD. I could scream and get someone's attention before they got in. 

"Fine." I groaned, making Barbara grin. 

"Good girl." She said and hugged me.

I rolled my eyes but smiled. God what was wrong with me? I could feel myself digging deeper into a darker part of me. 

I pulled away from Barbara and headed toward the car. I watched Barbara head into the building, and the large man walking to the alleyway beside GCPD. I felt curiosity fill up inside of me. What were they planning. I quickly got out of the car and ran behind the back end of GCPD. I was careful to avoid being spotted by that man or by Jerome's goons. Then I hid behind a nearby trash can and waited.

About ten minutes later Barbara walked into the alley, along with Uncle Jim slowly behind her. They began to argue for about a minute before Uncle takes a deep breath.

"Can't we just talk this out Barbara?" He asked.

"It's too late for that." She replied. 

That's when out of no where a large man jumped out and tackled my Uncle. I let out a small gasp but quickly covered my mouth. I watched as Barbara glanced in my direction and we made eye contact. She smirked at me and then turned her attention to the man who was beating Uncle up. 

"Aaron, that's enough." She yelled.

The man quickly got off of my Uncle and then Barbara walked over and sat on Uncle's chest, making him groan in pain.

"I'm not sick, I'm free. You don't understand that. Well, you should go, who knows what happened while you were away." Barbara told him, and faked a gasp.

 She got off of Uncle and then laughed as he slowly began to lose conscious. 

I slowly got up from behind the trash can, and my eyes widened as I saw how badly Uncle was bleeding.

I looked up from Uncle and then at Barbara who was watching me.

"See you around darling." Barbara said, and blew a kiss.

"Where are you going?" I asked, confused.

Barbara sighed. 

"Can't tell you yet sweetie. But soon you'll find out. I heard they got plans for you." She sneered and then with that she left.

I stood frozen in the alley way, confused on what she just said. Who had plans for me?