The Visit

Serena's POV

I walked into the room where I saw rows of tables with plenty of inmates in there. I felt knots grow in my stomach. I felt like one of the inmates would try to kill me. I scanned the room for Barbara.

"Serena!" A voice came from the left.

I turned around and smiled. There was Barbara, sitting in a chair looking up from her magazine grinning at me. I quickly hurried over and hugged her.

"Oh I've missed you sweetie." Barbara said as hugged.

"I missed you too Barbara." I replied. 

We pulled apart and Barbara sat back down in her chair and sat down next to her. 

"So does Jim know you're here?" Barbara asked.

I shook my head. 

"But he almost caught me on the phone with you. He showed right after you hanged up." I said.

Barbara raised a brow.

"Why did he go back to his apartment? He was at Lee's." Barbara asked.

Wow... she's a stalker.

"He thought you called me. And he went on this huge speech about how he said that it was bad to trust you and that you aren't the same person you used to be and stuff like that." I explained.

I noticed a wave of anger flash in Barbara's eyes. I gulped.

"How could he say that! He never understood me! And he never listened! And then he has the nerve to tell the one person who actually likes me for who I am that I can't be trusted?! I swear when I get out of this hell hole, I'm taking you and we are going to..." Barbara yelled, and I winced.

She glanced over, and quickly stopped being angry. She knew that she had scared me.

"Oh sweetie.." Barbara said pulling me close to her.

"You don't believe him... do you?" She asked, in a worried tone.

I thought for a moment, and then shook my head.

"I don't." I said.

"Promise?" Barbara asked, her blue eyes staring into mine.

"I promise." I promised.

Barbara grinned and then clapped her hands.

"So what's being happening with you and the Wayne kid?" Barbara asked.

I groaned. I knew she was going to bring this up.

"What's there to tell?" I asked.

Barbara rolled her eyes.

"Oh come on! Something had to have happened since I've been gone." She insisted.

"I spent the night at his house..." I said.

Barbara raised a brow.

"You spent the night?" She asked.

I nodded.

"We played board games and the next morning we practiced self defense." I explained.

"How romantic." Barbara said sarcastically.

"He almost kissed me." I said quickly.

"He did what?!" Barbara quickly asked, her eyes widened.

"We've only kissed once! And he would have kissed me again but Alfred was right there." I explained.

Barbara grinned.

"Oh my Serena is growing up so fast!" Barbara said, and hugged me tightly.

I rolled my eyes but laughed. 

After a little bit more talking of just random stuff, Barbara was looking at her magazine when I noticed a ginger boy looking at me. He looked around 17. He grinned when he realized he finally got my attention.

"Who's that?" I asked. 

Barbara glanced up from her magazine.

"Hm? Oh, that's Jerome." Barbara said simply, and turned back to her magazine.

I take another look at him, and he waves his hand to tell me to come over there.

"I'll be back." I said.

"K." Barbara replied.

I headed over to where the ginger was sitting.

"Hi there, I'm Jerome." He said, holding out his hand.