Jerome

Serena's POV

"I'm Serena." I replied, shaking his hand. 

Jerome looked at me and gave me a confused look.

You don't seem like the type of kid to be here... what did you do?" Jerome asked curiously.

"Oh, I'm not an inmate. I came to come see my aunt." I explained quickly.

"Who's your aunt?" Jerome asked.

"Barbara Kean. Well she's not really my aunt, my uncle was going to marry her until..." I trailed off.

"She went nuts and killed her parents?" He asked.

"Something like that." I said, with a sad smile.

"Who's your uncle?" He asked.

"Jim. Jim Gordon." I answered.

Jerome's eyes widened.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"I know Jimbo! He's the one who put me here." Jerome exclaimed.

I felt a little bit of fear in my stomach. I hope he wasn't angry at me cause of my uncle.

"Oh... what did you do?" I asked.

Jerome grinned widely.

"I'll killed my mom. Chopped her up to be exact. The whore didn't know what hit her!" Jerome laughed.

I gulped and laughed awkwardly. I glanced over at Barbara who was looking at me.

"Help please." I whispered.

Barbara giggled and got up.

"Why did you kill your mom?" I asked.

"Oh you know, she was just a total-" Jerome started.

"That's enough Jerome. I don't need you scaring my niece off." Barbara cut him off and put her arm protectively over my shoulder.

Jerome rolled his eyes.

"I was just getting started!" Jerome pouted.

"Save it Ginger." Barbara said, and we walked away. 

"Thanks." I whispered.

"Anytime." Barbara giggled.

 I glanced at the clock. It was 4:30, which means it was getting late.

"I should probably go, it's already 4:30." I said.

"No, stay!" Barbara insisted.

"Barbara, you know I'd love to, but Jim doesn't know I'm here. So I have to go before he comes home." I explained.

Barbara sighed.

"Fine, hug?" She asked.

I grinned and hugged her.

"Be careful Serena. And don't listen to Jim." Barbara whispered in my ear.

I nodded.

I really shouldn't be taking advice from a crazy person. Not one of my brightest moments.

I headed out into the hallway when I noticed a woman walking down the hall. Only, she didn't look like a doctor.

She had long black hair pulled into a high ponytail with a leather jacket and leggings. She was holding a gun.

I gulped. This wasn't good. I tried to look for a place to hide, but she already had spotted me.

"Hi there sweetie." She said, grinning at me.

"I swear I won't tell anyone I saw you!  Just don't shoot me!" I cried.

She laughed.

How was that funny?

"You better not. What's your name?" She asked.

"Serena..." I stammered.

"Well Serena, I suggest you pretend like you didn't see anything. Wouldn't want you to get hurt, now would we?" She asked.

I quickly shook my head.

She laughed.

"Now go." She said.

I sprinted out the door.