Life without you

(Jumin'a Pov)

MC slammed the door behind her and had left. Hearing that she was pregnant had made me feel worried and sick to my stomach. I started to cry on the edge of the couch. I'd never run after her,  I'd never admit to such a thing as impregnating her. I sat and rubbed my temple thinking of what it would be like. 

'MC is a strong woman but in a struggle. She'll be back soon.' I thought. 

Then ten years went by along with a divorce and wedding. Saeyoung had kept her safe for ten years. I found myself going to the wedding and leaving without looking as if I've made a mistake. 

I'd never admit to it. It would be an embarrassment

I woke to the sound of someone shaking me. 

"MC is asking for you. Go." He snapped territorially. I walked beside her and sat in a chair. Katsuo had gone up to her and laid down beside her in her hospital bed. On the table, V had taken pictures of her and Saeyoung at their wedding and  anniversaries. One was her smiling fro mm recently. The last was her in her hospital bed. V had taken pictures of everyone who had been depressed at a significant point in the RFA to make us feel better, or important. I was yet to be taken in a picture.

"Jumin, why'd you have to treat me that way?" She said, obviously drugged by the medicine. 

"I didn't mean to treat you that way MC. I'm sorry." I sighed on the verge of tears as she slowly looked at me.

"You told me to leave. You hit me and hurt me Jumin. Why'd you do this to me? What had I done?" Zen, Jaehee and Yoosung had started paying key attention now. 

"I didn't-," I let go and the tears fell, "I'm sorry MC. I am truly sorry. All that time I missed you. Everyday I regretted what I did. I loved you MC."

"Do you still?" She was crying now.

"Of course. I've never loved anyone else." She had fallen asleep again and I knew when she'd wake up, she'd forget what I had told you. It was at that point that I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned around at Zen, Jaehee and Yoosung facing the other way.  The person was V who tapped my shoulder and was holding a picture from just then that he had printed. It was of me crying and holding MC's hand next to Katsuo. 

He sat it next to MC's and beside it was a picture of her in the apartment, smiling in a blurry picture dating the day before I threw her out. She was holding a pregnancy test cheerfully. And that day, I broke that smile, that true smile. It never returned after that day.