Chapter 6: Dreaming Again

Elise’s Pont of View

Focusing back on my book, I started to read about Loki, the God of Mischief and Lies. I was about to read Loki's parentage, but halfway across the book, my eyes started to get droopy, and my hands fumbled with the book. My eyes started to close. Hugging the book to my chest, I get comfortable on the couch and the last thought that occupied my head was a certain emerald eyed man. But the last thing -person- I saw was a girl with brown eyes smiling at me saying, "Goodnight, princess."

My eyes shot open, and I was back to the Grassland from my previous dream, but, wearing a different dress. The dress was colored black, with two thin straps. It had gold accents, and it flowed freely down to the grass floor. The dress' neckline was a round neck. Although it showed off more skin than necessary, but either way the cloth was comfortable. My left hand wore a black glove that reached up to my elbows which thankfully lessened my skin exposure. I wore black flats, and my hair was tied in a perfect side braid. It had golden glitters, scattered in every part of my brown hair.

"What the hell?" I mumble. ‘Why am I back here?’ I thought. I felt a sudden weight on my left hand, and saw the book that lulled me to sleep. Staring at it, my head whirled when I heard a velvet voice behind me: a voice that I had grown all too familiar with in a short span of time.

"Elizabeth?"

"Loki?"

We stood there not moving, just looking at each other. This time, he wore a green tunic and black pants, paired with black leather boots. His hair was slicked back, as usual. Though he wore such simple clothes, he still managed to look attractive. He walked up to me, as my hands fall to my sides limply. Okay, my lack of a love life in the past eighteen years has become very troublesome in times like this.

"It is nice to see you again, Elise," he said, taking my right hand whilst lifting it up to his lips and kissed my knuckles ever so gently. I drew in a sharp and embarrassed breath, as he lifted his gaze on me. His lips were so soft. I tear my gaze away from his while pursing my lips to hide my flustered state. When his hands took mine, I felt a jolt that made me almost gasp, but being me afraid of getting embarrassed or along those lines; I simply kept my lips pursed. His hands dropped mine gently, and I sat down at the ground with the grass poking at my dress. I wanted him to hold my hand again, but resisted since I was very confused of why I was reacting this way. 'This is very unlike me,' I think. He sat down beside me, and lay down on the grass, his hands on the back of his head. It was terribly quiet, and I hate quiet. So I decided to bring something up.

"You’re the God of Mischief, huh?" I say casually while gazing at the stars. I looked at him and he was looking at me making me look back at the stars.

"I knew you'd figure out sooner or later," he said, chuckling.

"Yeah, I'm smart, what can I do?" I smirk. I saw him roll his eyes, smiling through my peripheral vision.

"So, you are the master of pranks, mind teaching me one?" I ask playfully with a grin. He stood up in a sitting position looking at me, with a mischievous smirk. But his face started to contort into confusion.

"You believe me?" He asks incredulously. I laughed a little at this. He probably thinks I’m crazy. But then again, I think I’m crazy too. So who am I to judge, right?

"Yes, I do believe you," I exaggerate while raising an eyebrow. I looked at him as he stood up and cross his arms in front of his chest. He looked really sassy. It was rather cute and funny. I’m cuter though.