Chapter 33: A Little Too Much Like You

"Miss Stark, Tesseract analysis has been complete," JARVIS says mid-flight.

"Give me a run-down J," I say, as I spotted a building with 36 civilians huddled on the ground floor surrounded by 15 Chitauris. Rerouting my flight, I landed on the ground and blasted the first Chitauri on the face easily decapitating it. A Chitauri pounced on my back and stabbed me with a scepter making me grunt in pain as I feel the blade penetrate my suit and sink in my abdominal skin. Gritting my teeth in pain, I grab the scepter and pull it out, quickly latching my hands on the Chitauri's armor and throwing it forward on the pavement before hitting it with my repulsors. Chitauris started to swarm me after I created enough distraction to stray them away from the building. Quickly, I latched my powers onto fallen debris and concrete, the familiar hexagonal lines of  red, blue, and green swirling. Hurling the concretes at Chitauris, I gave a spinning back heel kick to a Chitauri beside me, loudly smacking its head on the floor as I elbowed another on my left. Grunting, I punch the face and chest with my armored fist and deliver a kick to bring it down. More Chitauris started to swarm around me, with 15 turning to 20. JARVIS continued to explain how the Tesseract powered portal worked, as I painfully killed off Chitauris.

Punches traveled back and forth, alongside repulsor beams and blasts from their scepters that grazed some of my leather exposed skin, denting my armor and sinking into my skin. When multiple Chitauris started to fire their scepter, I grabbed a hold of my cape and swung it in front of my body to cover the blasts. The soft and cold material of my cape started to glow a bright blue where the blasts have hit as I planted my heel on the ground. Letting go, I started hitting the aliens again my my powers and my repulsors, as I shifted and engaged in hand to hand combat. After a while of being tossed around, I quickly found a beat into the fight and fought effortlessly with strength.

Duck. Upper cut. Left jab. Kick. Jump. Swipe. Kick. Hand. Right jab. Kick. Swipe. Dodge. Left. Left. Turn back. Kick. Elbow. Right jab. Kick. Kick. Jump. Swing. Heel kick. Hand. Elbow. Kick. Turn back. Jump. Right jab.

A Chitauri somehow managed to successfully land a punch to my body, throwing me off-balanced. My body rolled on the pavement and I groaned as I can already feel the possible bruises. How in fuck did they turn from 20 to 45?! Sitting up, I spit out the blood in my mouth and stand up, clapping my hand twice to create an energy barrier around me. The Chitauris started to attack again, as I engaged a multi-target shot using my mini projectiles. Raising my hand, I shot a beam at any incoming Chitauri, standing my ground. I spread both my arms apart slowly, adding more fire power by mixing the repulsor beams with my power. Screeches and high gasps were heard from the Chitauris in front of me, their voices mixed with my panted breaths as I feel the reactor dig into my skin with a slight burn, alongside JARVIS' continuous data vomit about the Tesseract and the portal with my mind running at adrenaline fueled speed with my dad's thoughts on the data occasionally mixing with my own.

I push through as I cut the power from the repulsors and slam my hands down, creating a dent on the concrete as my powers surged with no intent to stop. Clawing my fingers, all of the residual debris all around me rose from the ground as I changed their structures into sharp little arrowheads. Picking up the wind around me, I let the arrowheads fly and impale the Chitauris who've caused me shitloads of bruises and cuts and ignited some on fire just for the sake of revenge for one of the little shits that singed off my hair.

"Miss, I believe there are no more Chitauris," JARVIS chimed in after I've lowered my hand, with the bloody and burning arrowheads floating around me like a shield. JARVIS you sarvastic twat. The wind hasn't calmed down, as I pant and try to catch my breath, looking around me to see that in fact, there are no more Chiaturis. I sigh and stretch my arms in exhaustion.