Chapter 20: I Was There

Elise's PoV
Dinner was successful. The team chatted and talked, a bit of argument here and there, and of course, the compliments are very hard to miss. Although Joy didn't stick around for dinner, telling me she was needed in the weapon's division in the Hellicarrier, I made sure to pack her some snacks on the way.

"You wanted to talk?" Uncle Fury said, looking up at me from his seat in his office. I gave him a toothy grin, and he gave me a small smile in return.

"Yeah," I whispered, nodding my head. As I made my way to sit on the chair at the front of his desk, he pulled out a file. My file with my name written in capital letters. My heart beat faster in anxiety and nervousness.

"Did you really think I don't know?" He asked. I gave him a confused look, trying to play dumb and he raised a brow at me. "Elizabeth, I know that you have more than just your telekinetic powers. You're elemental, you fly, I know it all, Elise. So... When are you and Stark gonna start talking to me about it?" I sat there dumbfounded, as he stared at me with the calmest look on anyone's face.

"You knew?" I asked quietly, closing my eyes. All this time...

"I do, I always have," he answered in a manner of fact tone.

"Since when?"

"A few days after I talked to your father about his arc reactor crisis." That long?

"Dad and I..." I paused, and sighed. Secrets out, might as well. "We were scared. He was scared. He told me you might take me away from him. That you might experiment on me. He didn't want to lose me. And I was scared. I didn't want you to take me away from my father. I was... Young. You would understand, right?" I looked up at him through my lashes, and saw understanding in his eye.

"Of course I do, I have a daughter. I'm a father, Elise. And you know that. You met Joy earlier, didn't you?" He asked while standing up from his seat, and sat down next to me.

"I did, she's just like you," I answered with a smile on my face. He smiled, a proud smile. "I'm proud, of course she is. But Elise, I need to know you're full potential. I need to know what you're capable of. Now, not as the director of SHIELD, but you're friend that's afraid for your well-being, and the well-being of this world, will you help us understand what you are made of. No experimentations, just knowledge, practice, and skills to develop and enhance your abilities." He said, with the most concerned and hopeful voice. I looked at him, and I sighed.

"Can you... Talk to dad about it first? I want his approval on the subject," I asked. He nodded. "Now what were you gonna talk to me about?" He asked, handing me my file. "Just check it if all the information about you is in there," he directed. I did so, scanning every page.

"I was wondering if you can grant me access to Loki's cell?" I asked, a bit scared he'd say no.

Abilities: Control over different types of elements, flight, telekinesis, electric powers, manipulation, plasma energy...

"Okay," oh my Gods, did he say yes?

"Did you say yes?" I looked up at him, and he rolled his eye while scribbling notes on a sheet of paper.

"I did, yes. Do you want the security cameras on or off?" He asked.

"I'm asking you permission to see the most wanted criminal on Earth and you say yes?" I ask again a bit confused.

"I trust you, my dear. You're the most capable, and trustworthy person on this ship along with the Avengers. So again, on or off?" He asked referring to the cameras.

"Off please, I want the conversation to be private," he nodded. "There's nothing wrong or missing on the file, it's all good."

"Okay, let me escort you to his cell."

----------------------------------
The heavy metal doors opened and Loki was sat on a bench. Pfft, it's obviously a hologram. I looked back at Fury to see him giving me a trust-filled stare. Nodding at him, he closed the doors.

Flipping the switch for the security camera, I walked up to the cell quietly. I stared at the eyes of the hologram, and muttered a spell to make it vanish. The real Loki appeared, staring at me with a dumbfounded stare that burned holes in my body.

My heart beat faster with every second, as I lost air in my lungs and I stopped walking. This is it. Oh my God, why didn't I think this through.

"Elizabeth?" I heard him whisper. His emerald green eyes stared into mine, making shivers run up and down my body. His eyes showed shock, happiness, sadness... And fear? All at once. I looked at him, and gave him a sad smile.

"Let's vanish for a while, shall we?" I asked him, and started to mutter an illusion spell that he taught me. Suddenly, everything around us shifted. The metal walls disappeared, replaced by tall trees and grass, and the metal ceiling turned into a bright blue sky. I looked ahead, still scared to look at him. Millions of thoughts raced in my head, making me nauseous, but I managed to stand on my feet.

"You died," was the first thing that came out of my mouth. And for the first time in a few weeks, I cried. Tears eacaped my eyes, falling to my cheeks. My heart raced in anger and sadness. My God, the love of my life who I thought was dead is standing in front of me. Alive.

"You fell off the Bridge, Loki. I saw you.  How you killed Laufey. You found out you were a Frost Giant. You beacme the King of Asgard. And you died! You died, Loki! I saw you! I was there! I was bloody there when you fell! And I mourned for you! I cried for days to no end. I had nightmares! I was paralysed  with fear for God's sake, Loki!" At this point I was yelling. Yelling with my knees on the ground, head hung low, and tears falling continuously. I was mad at him. No, I was furious.

A sudden surge of power went through me. I stood up and faced him. His eyes held regret, sadness, and fear. He was looking at me and I glared at him, my eyes probably red from anger. His eyes widened when he saw me. He was afraid of me. He better be.

"And now... I want you to tell me what the hell is going on! Why you're taking over Earth, killing innocent people! Why are you enslaving my home?! Tell me, Loki!"

Then, the most horrifying thing happened.