Chapter 15: Doubts and Chocolate Bars

Bruce left to go back to the lab, bidding me goodbye as soon as he brought me to the bridge. I adjusted my bag strap, and walked over to Coulson. Awww, he's with Captain No-Fun. I pout. Coulson saw me, and smiled, crouching down.

"Hi!" I smile at him. He smiles back.

"Hey, I like that trick you pulled off with the agents. It was funny," he complimented, making me grin, and shot Cap a knowing look that said Ha! In your face!!!

"You're gonna let her off the hook, just like that?" Cap asked, a bit angered.

"Captain, you should relax. It was a harmless prank, nobody got hurt," Coulson said, shrugging his shoulders at Cap. I smirk, knowing Coulson is on my side.

"Well, you could at least punish or lecture her," Cap replied, sighing at the end.

"Okay... How about... You go into the kitchen and cook the Avengers and Fury and me some dinner, after this?" Coulson looked at me, then winked with a cheeky smile. I gasp, pretending to be horrified at such a simple task.

"Not the kitchen!" I exclaim. Inside, I was screaming Whhooooo! Food!!! Lots and lots of food!!!

Cap nodded his head in agreement, practically believing me. 'And.... Best Actress Award goes to.... ELISE STARK!' A small voice in my head said. I giggle. Oh captain, be amazed at how an amazing cook the Elise Stark is.

Coulson gave me a pat on the head, stood up, and took my hand, leading me and the Captain on the higher platform of the bridge.

"I called you in here, in case the agents found something on Loki," Coulson said, turning to complete 'Agent Mode'.

"What does that have to do with me?" I ask innocently.

'Please don't let them send me to confront Loki. Please don't let them send me to confront Loki. Please Please Please PLEASE don't-'

"Director Fury decided sending you with Captain to go into battle and confront Loki, just in case," Coulson answered, completely crushing my hope.

"You're evil."

Coulson laughed. I am so not ready to face Loki, let alone fight him! I'm a five year old! I'm mentally and emotionally unstable! Hello???!

"Coulson, I can't," I whined.

"And why?" Director Fury said from behind me. I looked at him, and put on my begging face. Bottom lip jutted out, and eyes wide like a puppy's.

"A. I'm five years old. B. I'm mentally unstable."

"Then you can stay in the jet with Agent Romanoff, and help her gather civilians or blast Loki, in case we find him," he said, walking away, with a glint of triumph in his eyes. Ohh, he pulled the 'Blast Someone' card. I'm impressed. Although he didn't fall for the 'Begging Face', I may be getting a little rusty. Doesn't matter, blasting Loki sounds way more fun.

"You got me at 'blast Loki'!" I call out with a grin. Ohhhh... Just thinking of it makes me so happy.

"I know!" Fury yelled back, disappearing from eyes view.

"How come all of you are so nonchalant in sending a five year old in battle? Let alone bring her up here! Just like that!" Captain America asked, exaggerating my age. Didn't he heard the first time we were on this bridge that I'm de-aged?

"Are you doubting my abilities?" I asked, annoyed. He raised his eyebrow at me.

"What if I say yes?" He asked back. Gosh, that scrutinizing gaze of his. I wanna rip his eyes off! I growled. A real growl. I didn't know I have this in me.