Chapter 10: Arrival

3rd Person's Point of View

After Elise's body disappeared in the realm of Jötunnheim, the arrival of Odin came, sitting on Sleipnir, the eight-legged horse, and the son of Loki.

Loki's Point of View

A Few Minutes Ago…

We were stuck. We have nowhere else to go. Just because of Thor's unnecessary arrogance. Fandral has been impaled by an icicle, while Volstagg has been frostbitten. As for me, I do not know what had occurred. When that Jötunn touched me, it didn't burn me like it did Volstagg, but instead, my skin turned blue.

Am I cursed?

That was the first thing that I thought of. If so, why has father never told me? My mother? Why wouldn't they? Anger and betrayal rides upon my body.

I was pulled out of my reverie when amounts of Jötunns came our way, along with their king, Laufey. But there was something, someone, behind them, running.

"Curse this dress!"

I froze. That voice. I cannot be mistaken. That is a voice that I have grown to know. Elizabeth.
I squint my eyes to see more clearly. Laufey, as if hearing her, scooped her up by her waist, and a childish surprised squeal and laugh came echoing in the air. At that instant, my heart drummed faster in my chest just hearing her.

Gods, I missed her.

I have been acknowledging her more less than before, for I have been troubled these past few days. I felt guilty, but it was necessary, for I am afraid that I might vent my anger and jealousy of my brother, on her.

Laufey, along with numerous frost giants, came our way.

"Who is that?" I heard Sif ask, pointing at Elise. I kept my mouth shut, afraid to tell them about her being.

The first time I met her, I knew instantly that she was a strong soul. The aura she gave off was powerful. It was unlike any others. Not even Father’s or Mother's.

But what was troubling me, is why she is here. Why is she here? Was she summoned? Or was it like in our dreams, wherein, when we both sleep, her body or soul is being transported?

But it was impossible, I am not asleep. But maybe she is?

Laufey set her down on her feet, a few feet away. She looked at all of us, but when her eyes landed on my mine, she directed it back to the others. Surely, I was frozen in shock, and my eyes were wide. Of course I would be shocked.

There she was, a stranger to that wretched King, and she was being treated nicely. Is Laufey even capable of kindness? I doubt it.

I will admit that she has made her way in my heart and she held a special place there. I just do not know what place. Was it friendship? Or love?

Love. That would be outrageous. But I do admit, I have taken a liking to her. She can put up with my childishness and mischievousness. She can outwit me in many ways, and she can make me smile and laugh. She was one of a kind. But, there was a flame within her. She is brave. She is courageous.

She is gorgeous.

She has shining hazel brown eyes that held many emotions. Her brown locks of long hair shine and sway with every slight movement. Her porcelain skin, matches her earthly look. Her button nose makes her look so innocent, so youthful. And her lips. Oh Norns. Those pink thin lips. How her lower lip is slightly fuller than her upper lip. The words she utters that escape her wonderful lips. The way her lips move when she utters my very name.

She may be short, but her curves and small frame make her look taller. More feminine.

A whimper came from her lips, and my head shot up to her. She clutched her head, as if it will take the pain away. Her knees buckled, and she fell on the cold, snow-covered floor.