Chapter 21: Was I That Much Of A Mistake?

Loki was up in the air, the familiar electric blue of my powers engulfing him. His lips apart, it was as if something was possessing him. My mouth was open in shock. In fear.

"Oh my God..." I muttered under my breath. I stared at my hands in fear, in disbelief, and in shock. I never asked for these powers. I never asked for this. I just want to be normal. Like dad. Like mom. Like Happy. Like Miles... I just want my semi-normal life when I was just a kid. I just want to be naive again. I just want to be a kid.

I just want to be normal.

"But you're not."

My head whipped back to see Lucilla wearing... An armor? It looked like it was made out of amethyst. She walked over to me, and suddenly I was face to face with her. Lucilla towered over me, and gave me an apologetic smile. Her hand reached for my cheek, hesitating, but wiped away a stray tear that I didn't know fell from my eyes.

"I'm sorry, my liege," she whispered. "I know the following events may leave you frazzled, but please understand, please, wrap your thought around it slowly."

"What do you mean?" I asked, my voice hinting confusion and slight anger. I never did like it when I don't know what was happening.

But then my mind came back to Loki. I looked over at his direction frantically, to see him now on the floor, panting. His hand was at his chest, his eyes wide open. His green eyes.

Running over to his side, I placed my hand on his cheek to check on him.
He may have ignored me for the last few weeks, still, my heart beats for this man.

"Loki?" I asked gently. I patted his cheek slightly, diverting his attention to me. I stared at his emerald green eyes in worry, tears once again threatening to fall.

"Elise..." He trailed off, still catching his breath. He placed his ice cold hand on my cheek, lovingly stroking with his thumb. It sent chills up and down my body, making it feel afire. My body felt alive, as if his touch was the only thing that I have been missing to get my body to work. Like a missing bolt needed in a mechanism for it to finally function.

And he was. He was that missing bolt inside my heart and mind, making me incomplete and unable to function. Loki was what I needed. He was what I wanted.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry..." I found myself repeating those words over and over for an unknown reason, as our foreheads touched. Loki made me look at him. His face serious, and scared.

"Elise... Where are we?"

And finally, I saw everything around me. Both of us were on the floor made of cobblestone that had different types of gems in it. The walls were decorated with tapestries and portraits. Everything looked as if it came from the 16th cebtury. I looked around, taking in everything around me.

"I hope I didn't scare you," I heard a familiar voice as my head whipped to the left to see Lucilla standing in front of a wooden double door. She had a small smile on her lips.

I stood up and made sure to ready myself in case of any unwanted danger.

"Where are we?" I ask sharply.

"You're home," was a simple reply I got, when a woman with platinum blonde hair went through the doors wearing a dress that resembled mine when I first met Loki, only it was more blue.