Chapter 12: Confessions For a Love Lost and Found

Past Forward... One month and a few weeks later...

Elise' PoV
I sat down on the jet's seat, as Coulson and Captain America talked. This is boring. I stood up, my flip flops creating a floppy sound. What to do?

I walked up to Coulson and tugged on the hem of his suit. He looked down at me and smiled. Picking me up, I wrapped my arms on his neck.

"You're bored, aren't you?" He asked, smiling knowingly. I nodded my head.

"Hm. I expected that. How 'bout you sit down on the co-pilot seat? You can eat on the way too," Coulson said.

"You're letting a child on the front seat? I don't think its safe," Captain America said. I rolled my eyes. Killjoy. I turned back to Coulson and smiled.

"She'll be fine. Don't worry," Coulson said, "But behave, alright?"

"Okay. But promise to have fun with me when we land?" I asked, putting out my pinky. He wrapped his pinky on mine and put me down.

"Here you go, your dad packed this for you," He said, pulling out a large plastic container from the cabinet up above the jet's bench. I took it from him, and walked over to the co-pilot seat, careful not to touch a button. I sat down on the leather chair, and put on a seat belt.

"Hello Miss Stark, it's nice to meet you," the pilot said. I turned to him, while popping the lid of the container open.

"Oh hello. I thought you wouldn't recognize me considering I'm a five year old," I said, popping a blueberry in my mouth.

"It was easy to tell, Agent Coulson told me he was dropping by Stark Tower, so I assumed you'd be on board. I'm Pilot Cody, by the way, although hearing Agent Coulson explaining that you were five was kinda weird," he introduced, giving me a quick smile through his black helmet.

"Nice to meet you, I know the feeling," I said, then ate my food slowly.

I was feeling glum really. After Loki fell in the abyss, that's when things went downhill for me...

I still remember the way he looked, when he said "he could have done it". Broken. That's what he was. He was lied to all his life. Not knowing the face that he was the son of Laufey, the Frost Giant King. He didn't see me. He can't see me. But I was there.

When it all happened. When he killed his biological father. When he sent the Destroyer to kill his brother Thor. When he held the casket and found out the truth. When he became king. When he tried to destroy a realm.

When he was so blinded by rage and sorrow.

And when he fell into the abyss. I felt my whole world crumble. My heart shattering to a million pieces but making no sound. My whole body numb with loss. And at that time, even in this state, I finally knew. I love him. I love him with all my heart, with every fiber of my body. But it hurt, for me, not knowing if he loved me back.

And after that, I lost all giddiness. I can't seem to smile my signature smile. I can't make a comeback. I was so lost. Every night, this dreams wake me up at dawn. The dreams were horrible. Screams of pain and agony. Cries for mercy. And those screams and cries came from Loki. Loki was tortured, in a land so dark. He would be whipped with a whip that has a sharp tip, and burns his back, and skin. This... creature would submerge his head on water, trying to force him to do something. I can't hear it's voice, but I can hear Loki's. He agreed, when a staff was pointed at his chest. He agreed immediately.