Chapter 22- Corkscrew

{Trigger Warning: Nikki is threatened with rape. It is a bit graphic, but it is stopped fairly quickly. Message me if you want specifics before reading} 

     The needle tip slid gently up my back, tugging at and probably tearing my shirt. It didn't matter. What mattered was that there was a girl holding a gun to Nat's head.

     "Hey, Sloan," Nat said calmly as she remained completely still.

     "Who's your friend? Another worthless bitch you're going to throw aside and betray?" the girl, apparently named Sloan, sneered.

     Nat smiled a little over at me as if apologizing for Sloan's behavior.

     "I might ask the same of you," Nat retorted calmly. I wished I could've seen the girl's face right then. Nat was a bit ballsy to say that to someone threatening to kill her.

     Sadly, I couldn't see Sloan or I would've been able to stop her from slamming the butt of the pistol down on Nat's head. Nat slipped to the ground and sat there dazed for a moment before the pistol came down on her again and she fell against the ground silently.

     I couldn't help but let out a small gasp as I stared. This was happening far too quickly for me to comprehend. A minute ago Nat was belly dancing. Now she was on the ground with a possible head wound. Lovely.

     Finally, the boy spoke, asking,"What about her?" and dug whatever it was further into my back.

     "Turn around," Sloan ordered. I waited for the pain-inducing object to come off my back and the boy to turn around. I prepared to disarm Sloan as soon as he did so. But nothing happened.

     "Are you deaf or just stupid?" Sloan asked,"Finn, make her turn around."

     The boy grabbed my arm and spun me. I refrained from swatting his hand away like my reflexes  so desired.

     I glanced down at the dull knife in his hand. I guess it hadn't been a needle. 

     I slowly raised my gaze to Sloan and stared at her, trying to keep my face hard and emotionless as my stomach struggled to maintain itself. 

     "What do you want?" I finally asked after looking at her for a long time.

     Finn answered for her. "We want everything you have," he informed me with a small smile. Sloan glanced over at him and shifted her weight to her other leg. Why was she suddenly uncomfortable? Was she second-guessing her actions?

     "You didn't have to hurt Nat," I challenged, sounding quite pathetically small.

     "She was being a brat," Finn said and rolled his eyes,"Any weapons?" I shook my head but he and Sloan clearly didn't believe me. They searched me simultaneously and found the Swiss Army Knife I'd slipped into my boot.

     "You're a dirty liar," Finn laughed, sliding the knife down my right arm. I held back a cry of pain as blood seeped from the fresh cut he'd given me. Why did I have to keep my knives so damn sharp?

     "What else do you have?" Sloan asked, clearly trying to seem authoritative. 

     "Nothing. We were just going for a walk until you two ruined my day," I sassed. Nat had clearly rubbed off on me in the short time we'd spent together.

     I instantly regretted my cheeky remark. Finn shoved me to the ground and sat on my stomach, pinning down my arms with his knees. I, of course, cried out in surprise and pain. He fiddled with the Swiss Army Knife before placing the bottle opener against my forearm. 

     He slowly turned the handle, taking his time in digging the corkscrew into my writhing forearm. I screamed and tried to push him off of me. He only dug into my arm more forcefully.All I could think was how I just had to bring the Swiss Army Knife rather than a normal knife. I could think that and long strings of swears. When he was satisfied with the deep bloody mess in my arm he slowly pulled it out. That hurt more and I sobbed in agony, my arm muscles spasming. 

     He laughed as I sobbed and Sloan stared in horror. Then, he slowly bent down and took the blood from my arm with one prolonged lick. 

     "Are you sure you don't have anything else to give?" he asked, threatening me by pressing the blade to my cheek.

     I turned my face away from the blade and nodded, tears dripping to the dead leaves that covered the ground.

     "Then you'll have to make up for that. Give us your shirt," he ordered, sitting back on my thighs.

     I shook my head, "No, please," I begged, sobbing pathetically underneath him as I held my left arm to my chest now that he'd gotten off of my hands.

     "There's blood all over it anyway, you don't want that," he breathed, petting my hair. I squeezed my eyes shut. I didn't really have much of a choice. I sat up and pulled my shirt over my head as quickly as I could with only one arm. He 'helped' me then tossed it off to the side at Sloan's feet.

     "You're shaking like a chihuahua," he grinned. I only cried harder, trying to cover up my chest as best I could. I was only wearing a purple bra on my torso now.

     "Can I... Can I have my shirt back?" I managed to ask, breathing heavily and trying to contain my tears.

     "No, we haven't even had any fun yet," he grinned, tucking my hair behind my ear. My breath caught and I  could hardly think anymore. All I felt was pain and fear. Sloan continued to just stare. Didn't she know there was a psycho on top of me?!? Wasn't she going to help?!?

     I cried silently as Finn kissed and licked my body, grabbing at me and eventually tugging my jeans off. My arms continued to leak blood and my head was spinning from the loss of blood and the terror.

     At some point Nat must've come to, as I heard her saying things to someone. I didn't know what she was saying or to whom she was speaking.

     I took a deep breath and forced myself to not give him the satisfaction of my tears any longer as he lowered his hands to my waist, then spread my legs. I squeezed my eyes shut and longed for it to stop when suddenly it did. With a gun shot. His body shook above me and suddenly stopped moving completely. I shoved the limp body to the ground and opened my eyes as Sloan lowered her pistol. 

     I sat up, bringing my knees to my chest, and sobbed from a mix of horror from what could've happened, confusion, and pure elation over Finn's sudden death. Nat hugged me awkwardly and helped me to put my shirt back on. I put my jeans on with a shaking right hand and an unruly left.

     I vaguely remember taking my knife from Finn's corpse and walking back to the prison with the assistance of Nat and Sloan.

     When we arrived Hershel fixed up my arms as I blinked heavily and struggled to remain conscious. I listened as Nat explained what happened, sounding frantic, and Sloan helped with the parts Nat couldn't remember. I wanted to curl up like the 'shaking chihuahua' I was and sleep despite the nightmares that would surely interrupt.

     When Hershel had finished I was returned to my cell with Carol's help. My cot felt the comfiest it had ever been and I was on the verge of dreaming when Carl arrived at the entrance to my cell, his face stone cold. I couldn't remain awake any longer. My eyes refused to open when they had closed and I fell into a deep slumber.

~Author's Note~

Hey guys! Sorry this was kind of short, but a lot happened so it's okay right? =3

I am incredibly tired for whatever reason. XD I can hardly keep my eyes open.

As always, feel free to point out mistakes =D (or positives =P)

Not much of a cliff hanger, but hey. You never know what mean-ass Carl's gonna do.

Good thing Sloan saved the day, right?? Or did she cause all of this pain in the first place? Hmmmm....

I love all of my giraffes ^u^ (Like every single one of you. I am a proud mother.)

IMAGINE DRAGONS CONCERT THIS TUESDAAAAAY

Love, your Atlas <3