chapter 9 injured

Scar POV

I howl, please Mia be okay.

Shane and I split up and than I heard her howl telling me she caught Mia's scent. I was running to her when I saw the dead vampires so I knew she needed help. A couple of vampires are no problem for Shane but I knew she might do something stupid to protect Mia.

Then I heard the first gunshot I was just at the clearing, I was almost there if the vampire would have waited ten seconds more to shoot I would have killed her before she shot Mia.

"Alpha, I brought Mike and Brooks to help." I look up at him then over to Shane she is not looking good.

I nod over to Shane. He caught my signal and knew what I was trying to say.

He walks over to me and hands me some clothes. Its not the first time he's seen me naked since there are a lot of women warriors. Nudity is not a problem in our pack.

I put on the simple gray sweat pants and sweat shirt. I lift Mia up in my arms trying to be careful of her injuries but even if I wasn't careful enough she is probably too far gone with how much blood she lost.

The guys all help to pick up Shane. I jog all the way to the pack house letting the guys fall behind. When I get in the pack house I head straight for the medical wing. When I enter with blood on my shirt and Mia bleeding and unconscious in my arms they scramble to help.

One of the nurses take Mia from me and places her on a stretcher I want to protest but the boys come in struggling to carry Shane. I run over and help carrying most of her weight.

When she is taken care of I sit down heavily in the wait room.

Mia POV

I wake up, everything hurts and my eyes feel like they're glued shut. I moan, water, I need water.

Something is pressed to my lips, and a cool liquid dribbles down my chin I gulp it down quickly. I'm faintly aware of someone say slow down but I'm not listening I'm enjoying the cool drink.

Then suddenly the water comes back up, I cough, choking on the water. Someone pats my back gently.

I open my eyes then immediately shut them, ugh so bright. I open my eyes slowly it still hurts and my eyes water a little but I finally get them open.

"Scar! You're okay," I hug her and burry myself in her warmth.

"Don't worry about me you should focus on getting better." I look down at my bandage clad body.

I yawn, "your tired and need rest." She gets in bed with me, and pulls the covers up.

"Scar?"

"Yes?"

"Where is Shane? They're were these huge black wolves, they saved me one got hurt. Oh my god is she okay? How did I get here? It was Carol she betrayed me."

"Shh, everything's fine your safe now, go to sleep." My body obeys her command and my eyes succumb to darkness.

······

I am really tired of Scar's smothering. I am fine, every time I even try to mention what happens she changes the subject. I know now that the big wolves were Scar and Shane and I know Shane got hurt, but I don't know where she is. Scar won't say anything and never leaves my side for long.

I look at Scar she is reading the newspaper, "Scar-," I say before a knock at the door interrupts me. It's Jason the beta.

Scar turns to me, "I'll be just outside a moment."

Five minutes later Jason comes in. "Scar, instructed me to watch you, while she handles business. But there is no business she needs to attend, I lied." I scoot backwards I already was traded to vampires once, not again. I open my mouth to scream.

"I'm not here to hurt you I want to show you where Shane is." Shane she's okay? I scramble off the bed. Whoa, haven't used my legs besides quick trips to the bathroom. "Come hurry before Scar comes back I have no plans of dying today."

We walk upstairs, he points to a door down the hall. Suddenly I hear an agonizing howl I can feel the waves of pain coming through the door. I walked into the room and let out a strangled cry when I saw the creature foaming at the mouth and thrashing wildly in the corner. The room had been hastily stripped of its bed, and there was only a mattress on the floor. Thick chains ran from loops embedded in the floor to manacles on the werewolf's wrists and ankles. I shuddered to think that they had a room already set up to deal with something like this.

The wolf's fur was matted in places and still wet with blood, and there was blood on the walls, mattress, and floor. It was impossible to believe that this savage creature was Shane.

" Shane?"I called softly, and the wolf began to snarl and strain at the chains. Someone yanked me out of the room, and I turned to see Jason. "What's wrong with her, Jason?"

"The silver went in too deep. It's too close to her heart, and we can't get to it. She's half mad with the pain, and she doesn't know anyone right now. She'd tear you apart."

What! "Silver?" Silver is deadly to our kind. It takes longer for us to heal.

"Yeah, the vampires were packing silver ammo. You're the only on that can save her."
What I can't save her! I don't know how.

Sorry for the late update. But I been working on a new book that I will introduce in the next chapter. Also, I've been thinking of making one of the wolves transgender maybe Scar. But I don't know yet give me your opinion YES or NO. And by your input I will add that or not to the book.

Love,
District Queen