chapter 13 picnic

Shane's POV
"I am fine, Mia. I am more worried about you. I am so sorry I couldn't save you." I said looking down in shame. One of my jobs as her mate is to protect her and I failed.

"You did save me I am alive because of you and Scar. And you were the one in a coma I thought you would never wake up," she says tears falling from her eyes.

"I am fine," I say again. I see her cover a yawn. "You are tired go to bed."

"I'm not sleepy," she says quickly trying to cover up another yawn.

I chuckle,"Yes you are. Scar will join you in a minute." She slowly gets off the bed and I pat her butt to get her moving. She walks to the door and looks back at us and then leaves.

A moment later she runs back in and presses a kiss to my lips. I try to deepen the kiss but she pulls away, blushing a dark red.

"Goodnight," she squeaks before running out the room.

I stare my eyes wide. I shake my head to clear my mind. I look to Scar, "she has a bruise on her face." I state and Scar just shrugged. I see she doesn't want to talk about it and whatever happened Scar would have handled it.

'What was with those vampires. They were packing silver ammo. Like what type of supernatural fights with guns?' I say through the mind link.

'its bloody disgraceful' Scar grumbles.

'Yeah, and it hurt like a bitch.' I say and grimace when I remember the pain of the silver entering my body. 'They weren't trying to kill Mia they tried to capture her. What do bloodsuckers want with our Mia.'

'I don't know and I don't think we should tell Mia about it until we know why, i don't want her to worry.'

I nod my head in agreement. And watch as she leaves the hospital room.

Mia POV ***1 week later***

I haven't told them that my birthday is in two days. I'm scared they will want to have sex. We've basically have done things but im scared they are going to want me to do things back and I dont want to dissapoint them.

"What are you thinking about so hard?" I jump and turn around.

"No-Nothing," I stutter. Shane comes and wraps her arms around my waist.

"How do you feel about a picnic?" She says and I look over to see Scar holding a picnic basket and blanket. I nod my head eager to go outside and get some fresh air.

"Okay then, come on," she says as she leads me outside the house and into the forest.

Trees surrounded us dead leaves and pine needles cracked and crunched beneath our feet and the whistles of the birds added to the chorus. Each step took them deeper, each foot led them farther from the pack house. Before long, she couldn't see the house at all and was left with the surrounding woodlands.