Chapter 20 Hindered

Hey lovies, it's been awhile. I am so sorry for this long wait but it is hard to write because as we get closer to the end everything is coming together. I HIGHLY suggest that if you haven't read this book in awhile that you go back and re-read some previous chapters. Unless this really won't make sense.

Please Enjoy this chapter. And as always if you see any mistakes please let me know.

Love,
District Queen

●●●

Scar's POV

I growl and throw another lamp at the wall. There is no trace of her. None. We followed her scent about 10 miles out and it just stops cold like she disappeared in thin air.

We found vampire blood at the scene. Fucking bloodsuckers. We have no clue why they want our Mia. It's all my fault I shouldn't have let her go by herself. No it goes before that I shouldn't have taken it lightly when vampires first entered our territory. They shot Shane and she almost died and now they have Mia.

Ever since we've met our mate. I've been careless and stupid and now Mia is paying the price, again.

I know she is still alive, I can feel her. That is the only thing keeping me sane at this point. But I can't mindlink her something is blocking our mate bond. Only powerful magic could do that. There are only a handful of brujos who are powerful enough to cast a spell like this.

I look over at Shane who is looking at the map again. Looking for places where we might have missed but there is none, we have checked everywhere.

"Alphas, we have wolves approaching our southern borders," Jason mind linked us.

I growl and Shane's eyes connect with mine. We communicate without speaking as only close sisters can do. Maybe we will finally find out who is behind all this and get our mate back.

We howl and call for our pack warriors. We signal code red, to protect the weaker wolves and children.

"Delta take a special team circle around behind them. We will push them back to the clearing meet us there." Nods follow and almost a third of my pack goes with my Delta.

We march forward we can't see the opposing wolves yet because of the forest but with my advanced hearing I can hear the padding of multiple wolves trekking onto our territory. I growl, any wolf who would dare harm our mate will die a terrible death.

Shane commands our warriors forward and we march towards the clearing.Wolves shift around us but Scar and I don't. It is customary for alphas to be the last to shift to talk or negotiate terms with another Alpha. Usually we dont negotiate, we kill anything that threatens our lands but we must see if the bastard has Mia and what are his terms. I would give up my Alpha position to get my mate back.

I growl and jog faster. As we approach the clearing I finally get a glimpse of the other pack and I falter then regain my footing.

"Isn't that the Council's flag?" Jason mindlinks. That's what I was thinking. And the council doesn't show up unannounced unless you have committed a crime. And Peter Grayson an Alpha and one of the two representative of all were- shifters is a close friend of ours on the council. He would have informed us of any misdemeanor and we would have gone to court peacefully. They didn't need to send any enforcement.

They stop at the edge of the clearing. A representative comes forward I barely suppress a growl. It's fucking Tyler. He is an errand boy for the two brujos on the Great Council, and the biggest pain in the ass. He been gunning for me ever since I killed his cousin. It was a fair fight well as fair as a challenge could be. I won and and he has hated me ever since.