12.

;-)

Somehow, they'd ended up at a café next door to a perfectly good IHOP — much to Charlie's dismay

Somehow, they'd ended up at a café next door to a perfectly good IHOP — much to Charlie's dismay. Tyler had to nudge her into the place with promises of cuddles and chocolate in the end.

Tyler bounced on his feet as he waited for a host to appear, his hands in the pocket of his pants and a happy smile crinkling the corner of his eyes. She stood behind him, promptly pouting with her head leaning on Tyler's back.

"What's so important about this place?" He shrugged. She huffed out a breath and muttered, "Great answer." She had nothing against trying out new places, but she loved IHOP.

They were ushered into a booth not soon after, seated so close that Tyler's knees were pressed flush against Charlie's. She hid her embarrassment with her menu, which did nothing but amuse Tyler. He teasingly bumped one of his knees against hers, catching her eye and winking just as he had at his game.

She blew out a rushed breath. "You're a jerk."

He erupted in quiet laughter, clearly thoroughly amused with himself. "You're too easy."

Her nose wrinkled in distaste. "Why aren't you looking?" She pointed at his menu, slightly annoyed that well, yeah, she was easily embarrassed.

"Already know what I want."

"What?"

She knew she'd stepped right into a hole when he smirked. "You."

"Tyler!" She dropped her head behind her menu again, face bright red as Tyler merely continued to laugh at himself.

The waitress decided to appear just then, her hair pulled in a ponytail and smiling prettily. Charlie was too busy hiding her embarrassment to notice her nametag, which had AMY sprawled on it with black marker. "What can I get you two?"

Tyler sobered up enough to order, either ignoring or not noticing Charlie's glares that she was sending above her menu. The waitress wrote his order down before turning to Charlie, her eyebrow raising. "And you?"

"Um." Her eyes widened, undoubtedly failing to even glance at the menu between Tyler and his stupid remarks. "Can I get a water?"

"And to eat?"

"Can I have another minute?"

Amy smiled and nodded, unashamedly looking at Tyler a little longer. However, this time Charlie noticed. She decided to not comment on it, instead focusing all of her attention on deciding what the hell she was going to eat — without any input or interruptions from Tyler.

It took promptly ten seconds before Tyler was messing with her again.

"Tyler, quit poking me with your feet!" He simply grinned, appearing as innocent as Cupid would after shooting one of his arrows. He then decided to move on to a different tactic, hands reaching over to pull her menu away and to gain all of her focus.