14.

hey guys - been awhile

warning: sexual content

Charlie was exhausted.

With almost seventy-two hours under her belt at the café and hours of homework now freshly sent to her professors, she couldn't find enough energy to walk over to her bed that was less than two feet away.

Her eyes stung with the need to sleep and her head felt like a bowl of hot mush.

Charlie managed to crawl over to her bed, glaring towards Mona's sleeping figure. She'd been talking for a few hours now and Charlie could catch a few phrases every now and then. She snuggled under her covers, a deep sigh of contentment falling past her lips.

Then, as if something high above was aiming for her death, her phone vibrated and obnoxiously refused to stop.

She withheld the urge to scream. The only thing worse than a hungry-Mona was a tired-Mona. She had learned from experience.

Charlie threw out an arm to find the stupid phone, swiping her thumb across the screen and shoving it against her ear. "What?" She snapped, suddenly all-too aware that it was past three.

"Hey."

"Tyler," she whined, some of the steam dispersing from her tone. "It's four in the morning."

"And a perfect time to stop at Insomnia Cookies." She could see that stupid, knowing smirk on his face through the phone. "I'm outside your dorm. Be out here in five."

Then, just like that, she was left pondering her decision on her feelings towards Tyler and whether or not she wanted to continue to speak to him.

She stumbled out of the dorms three minutes later, now snuggled in a sweatshirt she'd stolen from Tyler and her sweatpants tucked into her fuzzy boots. Tyler was easy enough to spot, even with his black sweatshirt and jeans.

As soon as they were close enough, she punched his arm. "I hate you sometimes."

Tyler playfully rubbed his shoulder, smiling cheekily.

They easily slipped into an easy pace as they walked towards the parking lot, Tyler's warm hand slipping into Charlie's as she tucked the left side of her body against his. "Why are you up anyways?"

He shrugged. "Couldn't sleep."

She watched him for a few seconds and knew there was something else there. She decided to drop it — for now.

"Well, these cookies better be pretty damn good."

Spoiler alert — they were.