17.

have i recently rekindled my love for new kids on the block? yes. is it the reason why ive been lacking in updates? also yes

As much as she was relieved after telling Davo and Mona of the danger she was in, her dread only grew

As much as she was relieved after telling Davo and Mona of the danger she was in, her dread only grew. She rarely left the dorm in fear of anything, including the chance of coming across her own flesh and blood.

Ironic — the very person who should be helping her was the one dragging her into her own casket.

So, how come she was getting ready for a football game? Good question.

"Okay, look — we'll be right there the entire time. You can't let him ruin your life." Mona cradled Charlie's head in her palms and Charlie could feel Mona's love for her like a bullet piercing through her heart. "I promise." She dropped her hands and lifted a pinky. Her smile calmed the jitters crawling along Charlie's skin.

She was right. As much as she wanted to hole herself up in her room for the rest of her life, she couldn't. She had never been one to bow down to anyone and she didn't want to start doing so now.

She blew out a slow, drawn-out breath and hooked her pinky with Mona's. "You're right." She smiled, half-forced and half-genuine. "Let's go support America's worst sport."

It took Charlie approximately ten minutes to realize how much she hated football — especially when she didn't know anyone on the team.

She missed Tyler's basketball games.

She flinched at the thought of him.

With everything happening in her fucked-up life, there hadn't been time to think about him.

Time to think about all the stolen kisses, the whispered confessions, the shiver of electricity that sparked each time they touched.

"Did you see that?" Mona lightly elbowed Charlie's side, spurring her from her thoughts.

Upon arriving, Mona and Davo had immediately ushered them into the bleachers and forced her to sit between them, keeping their promises in never leaving her side — literally.

Charlie hummed a response, which appeared to be good enough for Mona. She shared a word with Davo behind Charlie's back, one she didn't care enough to listen to.

She released a sigh.

She hadn't shared any of her secrets with Tyler — did she have the right to be so angry with him for doing the same as her? She hadn't shared anything about her brother to him. Nor the situation she was pushed directly in.

What a hypocrite.

Her chest ached as memories swam before her eyes. The late nights they spent wrapped up in each other, how much she loved the feeling of his five o'clock shadow against her cheeks, how difficult it was to keep away from each other — like they were fighting gravity.

It wasn't as if they'd spent long together. It'd only been a handful of months. No promises of a future, no names to their relationship nor pretending as if they were anything more.

They were just them.

She blinked and realized tears were springing from her eyes.

"U-um," she began, rushing to brush the wetness from her cheeks. "I-I'm going to the bathroom." She abruptly stood from her seat and began sliding through the crowd of fans, refusing to let others see her in her moment of weakness.

She'd been raised to be better than this; better than to show that she was weak.

She faintly heard Mona struggling to keep up with her as she continued trekking through people, one hand covering her face while the other ushered people out of her way. The tears were free-falling now, though now they were from her embarrassment.

"Charlie! Come- Move!"

She pushed the bathroom door open and was met with the sharp scent of filth, hardly paying attention to anything but huddling into a stall. There were markings in the door of numbers and stupid comments, yet Charlie paid no attention to those little things.

What the hell was happening to her?

Since when did she cry over shit like this?

She gasped in a rigid breath, curled her fingers into her palms and forced the tears away. She knew there would be crested-shaped marks in her skin for hours, but the pain was enough to bring her back to the present.

Pain helped. Pain was real. Pain was temporary.

As her throat loosened and her tears dried, she rubbed the remaining tears from her skin and drew in a steadying breath. She was fine. It was just a momentary moment of frailty.

As her head cleared and the moment became reality once more, she realized that she wasn't alone. From the crack in the stall door, she noticed a pair of dark, filthy boots. The toes were facing her direction and it was clear that they were waiting for her.

Her breath caught.

No girl she'd ever seen wore those size boots.

Her time was up.

i just cant wait till i can get some real fluff up in here