20.

thanks for 1k reads guys

It was clear that he'd had a rough few days

It was clear that he'd had a rough few days. His dark hair was greasy and tangled, his skin pale and his body gaunt. His body appeared to be falling into itself. His back was hunched forward and his arms hung lifelessly at his sides. 

"Xavier?" She breathed, disbelief flooding through her entire system. Why would he come? 

The corner of his lips lifted. Though it wasn't much, it was still a smirk. "Hey Charlotte."

The guy who'd been speaking to her prior spoke up once more. "Looks like your big bro came to save the day." He shoved his hands into the pockets of his jeans, smirking with a malicious glint in his eyes.

Her eyes never wavered from Xavier. Xavier, the man who had single handedly raised her and simultaneously ruined her life. "Why?" She whispered, unable to decipher any of the emotions coursing through her.

He brushed a hand over the shadow of facial hair dotted across his face. "Does it matter?"

"Drop her off at Cindy's."

As people swept her onto her feet, she wished for the power to resist. 

There was a reason Xavier was doing this. He never did anything from the good in his heart.

The hands pulled her out of the room, but she still managed to hear her brother's last words.

"Goodbye, Charlotte."

Turns out, the worst of her injuries turned out to be a shoulder dislocation. It was a simple pop back into place, but that didn't mean it didn't hurt like a bitch.

People came and went as she recovered. 

Mona and Davo visited daily, often bringing presents and happy news in hopes to keep her spirits up. Charlie didn't have the heart to tell them that she couldn't care less about Jamie's nip slip or that the infamous Tyrese was throwing another party after a two-year long break. 

She continuously promised that she was fine. Her doctor told her that her wounds were healing nicely and she'd be able to leave come next week. Still, her wounds internally weren't healing so well. She knew the doctor who visited every other day was meant to help that, but she couldn't find the heart to talk about him.

She would never find out why he had sacrificed himself for her. It always been her who sacrificed everything. 

Tyler visited regularly as well. He'd shown up with a handful of balloons and two batches of flowers an hour after his first visit. He'd claimed he hadn't known which to choose, so he just bought the batch that twinned her eye-color while the other batch mirrored the color her lips became when he kissed her hard.