13.

im going back and editing everything again bc reasons just an fyi
(nothing is gonna change tho)

warning: explicit

- language/physical abuse

Charlie found herself quickly falling back into old habits

Charlie found herself quickly falling back into old habits. With the stress of Xavier back on her shoulders, he scarred each and every one of her thoughts. She couldn't not think about getting him his money. Though she knew she didn't owe the guy anything, a tiny part of her stopped her from throwing him the middle finger and walking away for good. The other, more reasonable part of why she wasn't was because she knew what Xavier was capable of. She also knew what his enemies were capable of — which was ten times worse than anything Xavier could pull off.

She knew he wouldn't think twice before throwing her under the bus. She'd heard stories about people like Xavier who practically sold their friends and family to their enemies to pay back their debts. Hell — she was surprised that he hadn't done so to her yet.

It was no surprise she'd ended up on the doorstep of her old, childhood home. The blue paint that covered the house was faded and cracking, screaming for a touch-up or even a good spray with the hose. Multiple windows were shattered, most likely from squatters searching for a place to stay or kids getting a little too excited about the idea of an abandoned house.

With a sudden burst of courage, Charlie pushed the door open and didn't think twice until she was standing directly in front of her older brother.

To many, he was handsome. Dark eyes framed with long eyelashes, peach skin covered in scars and an aura around him that screamed I-don't-give-a-fuck. She'd seen hundreds of girls under his arm. She rarely ever saw any a second time.

She yearned to leave a nasty, yellow bruise on his pretty face.

He sat on a ripped sofa, his long legs hanging over the arm and a cigarette hanging from his lips. He didn't appear to notice her — she knew too well that it was the complete opposite. Xavier noticed everything.

"How'd you get out?" Her tone was hard and unforgiving — just like she was at the moment.

He sucked in a drag, cradling the cigarette between two fingers as he slowly exhaled. Smoke curled above him, curling into various shapes before disappearing completely. "Good behavior."

"Bullshit — you got charged with assault and burglary."

His eyes slid open, regarding her with little interest. It was as if she was the same as the dirt under his feet. When he said nothing, her chest burned from the hot fury she felt. "I can't get you the money. I'm done with your shit—"

In one, swift motion, Xavier was on his feet and hovering over her. Her breath instantly caught, the smell of nicotine filling every one of her senses. She resisted the urge to wipe her eyes, keeping her hands locked in fists at her waist. "Don't play with me, Charlotte."