Chapter Four

Chapter Four

A light rain cascaded onto the windshield as Isaac pulled into the drop-off area of AlbanyInternationalAirport.

"I really want you two to be careful." He reminded shifting the car into park.

Winnie took her attention from the passenger window, hadn't realizing she was in a trance.

"Of course, we will," Eliza chimed in, "We're city girls. Charlotte is hardly dangerous."

"Winnie?" Isaac asked drawing her attention, "Are you okay?"

"Oh, sorry," She apologized quickly, "I'm just a little nervous. It's been so long since I have seen them. It's just that everything is happening so fast."

"Just relax, love. You said they're like family. I don't think you have anything to be worried about. Perhaps, the ride there may be an issue." Isaac lifted her left hand to his lips.

"It will be fun, Win," Eliza pledged playfully.

Winnie nodded in agreement, "I know. You're right. Everything will be fine."

"Great," Eliza squealed, "let's go." She unexpectedly gripped Isaac from behind his seat to hug him.

"Easy, Liza." He breathed harshly. She barely heard his comment as she hastily exited his Jeep Cherokee.

Winnie chuckled at Eliza's impulsiveness as Isaac playfully checked himself for injuries.

Catching him off guard, Winnie leaned over and mercilessly placed her lips on his. She wrapped her slender fingers around his neck as if she couldn't get any closer. She grabbed at his knit cardigan, wanting him to meet her halfway. Though it wasn't expected, Isaac relished the act and continued with her. He didn't think Winnie was a prude by far, but this was just so unlike her. He gently placed his hand at the nape of her neck, but paused when she let out a light whimper.

"Win, I'm not going anywhere." He stated breathless. Winnie's cheeks inflamed with coyness.

The truth was that Winnie needed that kiss. It was a reminder of what she needed to come back to. Of course, she couldn't let those words escape her.

"Come on you two, we need to catch our flight." She teased tapping on the driver side window, "a little help with our bags would be much appreciated, brother."

"Are you okay?" Isaac asked hesitantly, "If you're going to start doing that, we may have to get married a lot sooner."

"I don't know what I was thinking," she stated shaking her head, "I'm okay. We just haven't been apart for any long length of time. These next few days are going to be torturous. I think I have abandonment issues."

"You do not have abandonment issues," Isaac stated squeezing her hand gently, "No one is going to leave you, Winnie."

"Sometime today would be nice," Eliza called from behind the car.

"You'll be fine. Now, come on before she kills us both." Isaac reassured.

They exited the car and Isaac unloaded their luggage.

"Really, Liza? It's just a few days," Isaac joked patting at the bulge that was hers.

"We don't know what the weather is going to be like. It's best to be prepared."

"Of course," Isaac replied sarcastically as he closed the trunk. He tugged at his sister and she enveloped him in open arms. He kissed the top of her head, "Try not to get in too much trouble."

He stepped toward Winnie and grinned, "Take care Ms. Foster. Please, keep her out of trouble."

"Sure thing Mr. Blanc, I guess this is goodbye," she joked in a dreadful British accent.