Prologue

"Jaden, hang on!" Yusei screamed as he fought to control his Duel Runner, which was sparking and going out of control, making the Crimson Dragon roar in pain and panic.

"What the hell is wrong with this thing?!" I screamed, holding onto Yusei for dear life, as the spiralling vortex of the time stream blazed around us.

"I don't know! It's going out of control!" Yusei exclaimed. "I can't handle it! Just hang on!"

The wind roared in my ears, screeching as we flew right into it. My red Slifer jacket whipped wildly and my hair kept blowing in my eyes. I felt my hands going numb, and I was rapidly losing my hold on Yusei.

"I'm losing my grip!" I shouted.

"Jaden, don't let go!" Yusei said, looking over his shoulder.

"I'm trying!" I screamed back. "But I'm losing my grip and fast!"

Suddenly, a buff of wind swept me off the Duel Runner, and I screamed as I flew backwards, but I managed to grab hold of the back of the Runner with one hand, though I only just managed to grab it. Another couples of inches and I would've fallen straight into the time vortex.

"JADEN!" Yusei bellowed, reaching out to try and grab me in desperation. "TAKE MY HAND!"

I tried grabbing his hand, but I couldn't reach him. "I CAN'T!"

I couldn't hold on much longer, and my grip on the Duel Runner was gone. I fell backwards, tumbling through the vortex, screaming in terror as I blacked out.
===========
I woke up with a frightful scream, sitting upright and looking wildly around, panting and sweating heavily. I was in a nice warm bed that had white sheets, white pillows and a white blanket. I looked around the whole room, and it looked like I was in some sort of hotel room.

I groaned through gritted teeth, gripping my head with one hand as a massive ache had started to form in my head. "Jeez, my head is killing me."

"No surprise," Yubel said, materialising on my right. Her wings were folded and she had a concerned look on her face as she studied me. "You fell right through the time stream. You're lucky to even be alive right now. If I hadn't have grabbed you and transported us here, then we would all be lost."

"She's right, Jaden," Banner said, also materialising next to her. He had a hand on his hip, and he looked over his glasses to look at me. "Going through something like that would've surely done a lot of damage. Fortunately, Yubel was able to grab you while you were unconscious and bring us here."

"But then..." I looked around the room again in confusion. I knew that there was no way I couldn't have gotten in here on my own. "How did we get in here? Wouldn't reception know about this?"

"I got us here."

I looked to my left and saw my alter ego, the Supreme King. He wore a black leather jacket and a pair of black jeans, his arms crossed as he leaned against the wall, his golden eyes looking forward to the window in front of him. On his left wrist was a black coloured duel disk—one that looked just like my duel disk that was poking out of my bag-pack that lay on the floor.

"While you were out cold, I took over your body, using you to do what I had to do," he said, closing his eyes for a moment before turning around to face me with a serious look on his face. "I managed to book you in and got you here so you could rest. You lost a lot of your energy while you were falling through the time stream, and the fact that you used a lot of your strength just to duel Paradox made it even more taxing on your body."

I remembered that part all to well—the duel I had against Paradox, while Yugi and Yusei helped me against him. We won the duel, but just barely. Paradox was gone, and I made two new friends that day. But then...