Chapter Two

{Chapter Two: One Week for a chance}

Not edited 4/20/17 (Did you leave cookies and milk out for snoop dog??)

Pidges P.O.V

I sat in Mia's classroom waiting for Shiro to come so we can start. "So Pidge Poo I heard there was a big party after the finals! Are you going?" I looked up and glared at the older women in annoyance for the new nickname. "No. Why would I?" I grabbed a random book from my bag and opened it up. "Well I thought you might want to have some fun before the end of the school year!" Mia was like a second mom to me, she always pushed for me to have some fun but kept me in line at the same time. "I do have fun!" I replied to her. Shiro knocked on the open door and smiled. "Am I interrupting something?" Shiro chuckled looking at the two of us.

I felt heat rush to my face and looked away. "Hi baby. I hope you know that you are late! I had to keep Pidge- Katie from dying of boredom." Mia said walking over to her son giving him a hug. "Not really." I muttered. Shiro raised any eyebrow at the nickname she said. "Sorry about that, Allura was clinging to me." I started to pull out some notes and rolled my eyes. Allura was the head cheerleader here at Voltron high. She doesn't really like me.

"You should try to stay away from her afterschool, she is trouble and you know it. Well anyway I have a staff meeting, have fun you two." Mia smiled and walked out of the room closing the door behind her. "So why did she call you Pidge?" Shiro asked me, honestly I was expecting it. "Oh its a nickname her and my mom call me, my dad came up with it." I answered him. "So we only have one week before finals, what are you struggling with the most?" I asked him. He thought for a moment before replying to me. "Math and Science mainly." I nodded and smiled. "Well those two are my best subjects so you are in luck." I giggled a little.

----

We were studying for about a good hour and a half. Shiro said we should take a break and I agreed with him. "So Katie, I never see you around the school that much. Not even at lunch. Where do you go?" Shiro asked me stretching his arms out. I looked at his robotic arm and smiled slightly, its wasn't no secret that he had lost his arm in a bad accident when he was little. I honestly thought that it was really cool. "I just head to an empty class room and hangout by myself. I don't really have friends." I said a bit embarrassed admitting it. "Has it always been that way?" He said turning to look at me. "No I had a friend in one point...but I kinda pushed him away." I said resting my head in my hand. "Why?"

"Well my dad and brother went missing when I was younger and I just shut out everyone, including him. My dad was friends with your mom so she helped me threw some things." I sighed a little before closing my eyes and spoke again. "I learned him and my brother turned up dead a little over two years ago.." I shook my head and looked over at Shiro. "Eh enough with the depressing stuff. I think that's enough for today." Shiro nodded and smiled sadly at me. "Hey do you wanna sit with me and my group at lunch tomorrow?" Is he taking pity on me or is he actually asking me. "And in case you are wondering I am not taking pity on you, I do want to get to know you better."

I nodded and smiled a little. "Yea, I'll sit with you tomorrow."

----

I hate to say it but I was having a tiny panic attack currently. I haven't really socialized in some time. I pulled my sleeves over my hands and took a deep breath. I didn't really eat at lunch so I didn't have to worry about that. Shiro waved to me but I froze. Keith was sitting over there with Lance. I wanted to run away, I haven't talked to him in years what if he hates me or doesn't remember me or or?! I started to walk over and took a seat next to Shiro. That's when Keith spoke.

"Allura is going to be angry someone is sitting in her spot." Keith looked up at me and smiled. "Hey Pidge." Okay my anxiety was slowly going down. I smiled back and Lance fell out of his seat. "What the hell? That's Little Katie?! The one who had short hair and wore her brothers clothes!" I shot a glare at Lance warning him to shut up before I make him. "Still fucking scary though." He mumbled and I smirked knowing I scare him. "You know her?" Shiro asked in surprise.

"Yea we used to be friends." Keith replied to Shiro. "Um hello?" I high pitched voice spoke. "Who is the girl and why is she sitting in my seat next to MY Shiro?" I turned around to see a tan girl with sliver hair. She was wearing a cheerleaders outfit. O h Shit! It was Allura looking down at me ready to murder me. "Calm down Allura I invited her to sit with us, Lance and Keith know her so its fine." Allura scoffed and sat on the opposite side of the table from me. "How did you get Pidge to sit with us, let alone the lunch room?" Lance asked taking a bite of his sandwich. "I asked her?" Shiro laughed a bit while answering him. "My question is how do you know Katie?" Keith said putting his fork down. "Mia- I mean Mrs. Shirogane asked me to tutor him for the finals, that are next week." I looked over at Shiro and he chuckled a bit.

"Welp if anyone can teach some anything in one week it would be you Pidge-aroni!" Lance said cheerfully. I shook my head and glanced over at Allura who still glaring at me. I have a feeling I got my self into something I shouldn't have.