2

SHOPPING MALL
Lucy was trying her best not to look like 'Lucy Heartfilia of the Sorcerer's Weekly Magazine'. She had put on black shades and fixed her hair in a messy bun, wore a white crop top and black jeggings, paired with a simple white converse shoes just like any other teenager to avoid suspicion. She might be married, but heck she didn't look like a housewife at all. She was one of  Japan's most demanded models for goodness' sake.

She was in the mall shopping for a present for her father, Jude. Of course, she wasn't alone. Natsu was busy with work, so he had Gajeel and Loki accompany her with whatever she wanted to do.

They were in the bakeshop area of the huge mall. Lucy had already gotten a silver watch for her father, but thought she'd get chocolate cake as well since he loved sweets very much.

"Lu!"

A voice called from a short distance, getting the attention of the three. Of course, Lucy already knew who it was.

"Levy," she said, getting a hug from the girl.

"Hey shrimp, were you stalking me?" Gajeel said with his hands folded on his chest and a smirk on his face. He was teasing her.

Levy's face blushed hard. She turned to him and slapped his arm.

"Of course not! You idiot!"

And they were at it again. Lucy just laughed, it was another episode of their drama. She let them be and returned her attention to the cakes on display.

Then a woman who was walking towards their direction caught Lucy's attention. She had a fair complexion, short brown hair and wore a blue fitting knee-length dress and high heels with tips that could kill. She was busty, at the same time classy. This woman looked like she was a daughter of some rich man.

Lucy assumed she was one of Loki's 'friends' since she was heading towards him, so she fixed her eyes back at the cakes.  But what the woman said next made her listen in to their conversation.

"Loki, where's Natsu?" The woman asked straightforwardly.

"H-Herin? It's you, how you doin'?" Loki answered, laughing nervously.

"Enough. Let's get to the point here. I just recently found out in the newspaper that Natsu had already married. The CEO of D Company married the daughter of the Heartfilia Company's CEO. Why wasn't I informed of this?" The woman, Herin, said with anger evident in her voice.

"Hey, shh...take it easy," Loki replied. Obviously keeping the voice down. It was like he didn't want Lucy to hear what they were talking about.

"Don't shush me. Do you even know who I am? Now tell me where he is," her face was calm, but her tone was the opposite.

"I don't know, Herin" he answered. This time his face showed that he was already irritated.

"I can't accept this. I won't let him do this to me," the woman said before turning around and walking away.

Loki released a sigh of relief. He prayed Lucy didn't hear any of that. Just when he thought that he was off the hook, Lucy came to him.

"Loki, who was that?" She asked smiling. Acting as if she didn't hear anything at all.

But internally, she was troubled. Who was that woman and why was she looking for Natsu? Why was she acting like his lover?

"That was ugh...a friend of mine, Anna. She was just asking how I've been. You know. That stuff. She's not important," he answered.

If that woman was not important, then why did he have to lie about her name?

"Shall we go then?" Loki asked, bringing her back from her thoughts.

"Ugh...yeah," she said.

Levy and Gajeel were in their own little world that they were oblivious of what just happened.
.

.

.
DRAGNEEL COMPOUND
Dinner...
Natsu and Lucy were eating on the long table. Sometimes they ate with everyone else, sometimes it was just the two of them.

After Mirajane finished serving their food, she left them for privacy.

Natsu was about to have another spoonful of their dinner when he noticed her barely touching her food and only staring at him. She looked like she wanted to tell him something.

"You're not hungry?" He asked.

Lucy didn't realize that she'd been staring at him until he spoke. She was thinking about the woman.

"N-no... I mean, it's nothing," she answered, looking at her plate and playing with the fork.
Natsu didn't think it was just nothing.

"What's the matter?" He asked again, his entire attention now to her.

Lucy looked back up to him. Battling with herself if she should ask or not.

"I uhh...Natsu, are you...," she started hesitantly. Was she really going to ask him if he had a relationship with the woman?

"Baby, what is it? I'm not gonna bite," he smiled at her.

"What I meant to say was, tomorrow is daddy's birthday. I'd love it if you'd go with me...that is if you're not busy..." she said.

"His birthday? Of course. Why not?" He said, resuming his dinner.

Lucy gave him a smile.

She couldn't do it.