11

When they got home to Dragneel compound, as soon as they entered the main house, Laxus approached them and greeted them with a slight bow.

Natsu sensed that he had something important to report, so he told his wife to go ahead of him to the bedroom which she did with no complaint. He told her he was going to get a cup of coffee first as an excuse.

.

.

Lucy brushed her long blond hair as she looked at the mirror by the table. She had already finished washing up and changing into her nightdress and still no Natsu. She wondered what could have kept him for so long. It was almost 10:00 in the evening. Drinking coffee wouldn’t take that long.

So she decided to go check up on him. The halls she passed by were quiet and empty. It looked like everyone was already asleep.

But when she got into the kitchen, it was already unoccupied and the lights were turned off. She started to get worried, where could Natsu be?

Lucy checked every room that she could in the huge house. Still no Natsu. Even his office was empty and dark.

Until finally, she walked towards the room where everyone would hang out in the main house. It was the most spacious and could accommodate the entire family and even more.

As she got closer, she noticed that there was light coming out from the room, peeking through the doors.

Lucy was going to reach for the giant doors to see if Natsu was in there, but someone inside spoke up and made her freeze.

“The shipment from Italy arrived today. We’ve already counted the numbers. They are as generous as ever.”

Laxus’ voice sounded from the other side of the door.

Lucy got confused. What shipment was he talking about?

“Our firearms have reached over a billion, we have a large supply. I don’t understand why we need to keep accepting from weaker families in different countries.”

Gray’s voice came next.

Firearms? What in the world was going on?

“We don’t NEED to keep accepting, Gray. We are just accepting their ‘gifts’ to keep the peace.”

This time it was a woman’s voice, Erza.

“These kinds of families are afraid of being attacked by stronger ones. That’s why they offer assistance in return, in hopes to be spared,” a very familiar voice followed. She never expected Levy to be in on this.

“I don’t give a damn about them. As long as they keep away from my family, then no one will have to die a pointless death.”

Natsu spoke, his voice with authority as if he was doing business. And yes, that was exactly what was happening.

“The Fernandes’ have been in a similar situation as well.”

Another voice added.

Fernandes?

Natsu’s business partner is also included in all this?

Maybe even Eucliffe and the others.

Lucy couldn’t take it anymore. Her brain had been repeatedly damaged by their conversation. Whatever all that was about, she needed to know.

She forcibly pushed the doors open.

As soon as she did, all heads present turned to her. The entire family was there, their eyes wide in shock as they looked at her. It wasn’t just them, even Lucy was in shock. She didn’t expect all of them to be inside, that meant everyone else knew of what was going on…except her.