17

Everyone gathered in the main house.

Some were outside on guard, others were inside…waiting for news regarding her condition.

Everything was silent.

Then the giant doors of the main house busted open.

He has arrived.

Not happy. Not happy at all.

When he received word about what had happened, he didn’t waste time and headed home like lightning.

With a dark scowl plastered on his face as he angrily walked straight to where his wife was, nobody dared to stand in his way.

Natsu’s eyes were different and his knuckles turned white from clenching his fists.

Mirajane and the other women were standing right outside the master’s bedroom, ready to assist the specialist who was treating Lucy with anything she needed. Erza, Levy and Cana already had bandages on them. But their injuries were nothing compared to the blond.

When they saw Natsu approaching the room, they instantly made way for him. Nobody wanted to make him even angrier than he already was.

Before his hand reached for the room’s doorknob, he spoke to no one in particular. His voice with obvious anger in it.

“Get everyone in the conference room. I’ll have a word with all of you.” His voice was calm. Dangerously calm.

After saying what he had to say, he opened the door and closed it behind him, not waiting for them to respond.

Just by the aura that Natsu carried with him, they knew they were in trouble.

.

.

As he stood by the bedroom door and looked over their bed where she lay with her eyes closed, his heart sank and ripped into a million pieces.

Natsu couldn’t believe what he was seeing. His eyes couldn’t seem to shed a tear even though deep down he was broken.

But maybe it was because he felt so enraged by a hundredfold at the same time. The fear of losing her and the anger at how everything happened gave him a mixture of unexplainable emotions.

He walked hastily towards the side of the bed, the blue-haired who was treating the blond quickly moved aside to give them some privacy.

Natsu knelt beside the bed and grabbed Lucy’s pale right hand. It had bandages all over it.

“I’m here, baby, I’m here,” he whispered as he placed kisses on her fingers and looked at her face. Still beautiful even with that bandage plastered on her right cheek and on her neck.

He stared into her closed eyes with those long lashes that she had. Lucy looked so peaceful.

“You’re not going anywhere. You’re not leaving me, remember?” he said, slightly squeezing her hand.

“Did your brother send you?” he asked as he turned his attention to the girl standing on the other side of the bed, startling her.

“Y-yes. He got a call from Mirajane, saying that I was badly needed. He says he will be here in the morning,” she answered.

Natsu slightly gave her a nod then turned his face back to his wife. His eyes traveled to the dressings covering up the wound on her shoulder.

“How is she?” he asked.

The girl took a deep breath before answering.

“All in all, she got shot three times. I was able to retrieve all the bullets. One on her left arm, one on her right shoulder and another one on her right forearm. The rest of the bandages on her are from the cuts she got from the shattered glass, I can tell she tried to shield herself,” she started, “It was a close ranged firing but luckily no internal organs were damaged. The wound on her shoulder is the deepest, it will most likely take the longest to heal. But other than that, she will be fine,” the blue-haired girl in pigtails finished with an assuring smile.