18

At the evening of the incident, nobody was able to sleep well, especially Natsu. He was watching over Lucy's fragile body as she rested.

The next day, the other families had come to visit, even Rakheid. When he found out about the attempted killing of his sister, he couldn't believe it. He was grateful that the universe had spared her life. She was truly an angel.

.

.

Fernandes, Eucliffe, and Vastia sat on the black leather couch in Natsu's office. After they received the summon, they did not waste time and arrived to Dragneel compound.

The three of them had their attention on Natsu who was standing in front of his desk, leaning on it as he rubbed the sides of his jaws with his hand.

"What did Wendy say?" Jellal started, making Natsu look at them.

"She will be fine." Natsu answered.

"Then she will be. As long as my sister says it, it's a hundred percent guaranteed," the blue-haired said as he took a sip of wine from his glass.

"So, do you have any leads?" Rogue asked.

"I already know who planned the attack," Natsu said with a trace of hatred in his voice.

The three heads now listened attentively to him. They already had an idea who it was, but they waited to hear it from him.

"Erza, come in" Natsu called out to the person who was waiting on the other side of the door.

When she entered, all their attention shifted to her. They were surprised to see her bandaged right arm and neck. Especially Fernandes.

"What happened to you?" Jellal asked, his voice louder than normal.

Erza looked at him for a moment before she answered.

"I was the one driving the car" she answered, her eyes avoided his gaze.

The others knew Jellal was starting to boil up when he saw her that way. Afterall, it was obvious that the two had a relationship.

"Tell them what you know," Natsu said simply at her.

She nodded and turned to the Dons before her.

"Their target was Lucy. I believe by now they think she's dead," she started, "but I know their faces...and the person they work for."

They went silent.

"It was Nura. Rikuo Nura," she finished.

"That son of a bitch!" Jellal angrily placed his drink on the glass table. He already knew it was Nura, but he was angrier that his woman almost died because of him.

"I knew it," Rogue said.

"That ignorant fool," Lyon hissed.

"This will not be taken lightly," Jellal said with a glare.

They continued to give comments about what happened, and how it should be handled.

As they discussed over it, a knock on the door got Erza's attention. She opened it slightly and found Mirajane outside.

The She-Devil whispered something important to her. Whatever it was, it made Erza surprised. After that, Erza closed the door back and went to Natsu.

This time she whispered in his ear,

"Lucy's awake. She's asking for you."

Hearing this, his eyes widened.

Natsu turned to the other men.