Chapter Two

"Yo, Mull," John said, slightly shaking Hercules, who had luckily slept through the entire flight. The man shifted, eventually opening his eyes, seeing the sun hanging low in the sky through the window. "We'll be landing soon."

It took a few seconds for him to process the information told to him in his still half-asleep state, but when he did his eyes widened. His head turned to look out the window, getting closer and closer to landing.

"I slept through the whole thing?" John nodded, but of course Alexander had to pipe in from behind them.

"Nope you were wide awake," He smirked.

"Be nice Alex," Angelica said from beside Alexander. She had kept quiet the whole way, reading a book, Common Sense by Thomas Paine. She was trying to focus, but it was getting rather difficult with all of the snarky comments coming from the man next to her.

"You should listen to Angie more often," John muttered. Any other day he wouldn't have minded Alex's sarcasm, but he was beyond stressed about the whole trip and he'd had enough of Hamilton's attitude.

But Alexander wasn't too good at taking hints.

And that one wasn't an exception.

"Oh come on John, you're no fun," John rolled his eyes, not responding. "John, you can't be mad at me because of this."

Angelica didn't have time to react as John crawled over the seat and slapped Alex. Hercules' eyes widened.

No one had seen John Laurens so angry.

Ever.

Alex's lips parted, he was speechless. John returned to his seat, looking in any direction but his friends.

"Damn," John heard someone say, James, Madison it sounded like. John's face went red, suddenly embarrassed of his actions. Not regretful, mind you, Alex deserved what he got.

The pilot made an announcement to the speakers, saying they would be landing shortly.

John rubbed his temples. He couldn't wait to get off of the plane, but after the plane they had to go to the hotel. Which meant he'd most likely have to talk to his boyfriend.

The students got off the plane, got their bags as they navigated their way through the airport. The students grouped together with their friends, chatting about what they planned to first.

"A school trip to France, what a great idea," Hercules said, noticing how many students looked confused and flustered.

The group eventually found the exit, heading in the direction of their hotel. It wasn't too far, a half mile or so.

The sun was beginning to set, it was beautiful, but no one was noticing it.

Eliza and Angelica looked over to John, who was keeping his eyes on his feet. Everyone knew John wanted this trip to go perfect, and that was far from how it was going.

Hercules scanned their group, trying to make sure everyone was there.

Peggy was clinging to Maria, her head on her shoulder as he walked. It made Hercules smile, they really were a cute couple. Though it got creepy sometimes, since they looked kind of similar.

Angelica and Eliza were hand in hand, the sisters were determined to stick together.

And lastly, John and Alex. John was as far away as he could be from Alexander, who had shame covering his face.

And Hercules himself, was alone. Not alone of course, all of his friends were there. But he had no one. No one was his. Sure, Angelica and Eliza were only sisters, but they were together 24/7, inseparable. Hercules didn't have that, with anyone.

"How far is the hotel from here?" Eliza asked, which everyone knew was because she chose to wear heels, fancy ones for that matter.

"It's not far, just up the road," John said softly, making everyone stare. He hadn't spoken since the plane, only occasionally looking up to make sure he didn't make a fool of himself by falling on his face.

John looked even more uncomfortable with all the eyes on him, his face turning scarlet.

"Look, you can see it from here," Angelica pointed towards the large hotel, trying her hardest to take the attention off of John.

As they got closer Eliza complained more and more of her feet hurting, to which everyone responded with a remark about her horrible choice in shoes.

As they entered the hotel, they saw their teacher, Mr. Washington. He explained that tomorrow they would meet their guide, who would spend the week with them, making sure they didn't get lost in the city. He also handed out their room keys, a room for every two people.

They made their way up the stairs, headed for the third floor.

They had a total of four rooms, each with two beds.

Maria and Peggy were sharing a room, Eliza and Angelica rooming together as well.

Hercules felt a soft tap on his shoulder. He looked down at who it was, John.

"Can I room with you Herc? Please?" John asked timidly, trying not to look at Alex, who he could tell was staring straight at him.

Hercules took a glance at Alexander, who had already inferred John wouldn't want to be alone with him after the previous events of that day.

"Of course John," he gave the smaller man a small smile as John let out a relieved sigh.

The group separated, going to their rooms.

John collapsed on one of the beds, burying his face in a pillow. He wanted nothing more but to lay there forever.

"Need to talk?" Hercules asked, sitting on the edge of the other bed that John hadn't claimed.

"No," John said, slightly muffled. He knew there was no way he could say anything about that day without crying. But he also knew he desperately needed to get it out. "Yes." He picked his head up, moving around to face his friend.

"Go ahead," Hercules said softly. He knew John was by far the most sensitive of the group. Even if no one else could see it, he knew he was.

"I just-" John looked down, already feeling himself on the verge of tears. "Can I be completely honest?"

"John, I'm your best friend, you can tell me anything."

"I don't think Alex wants to be with me anymore," John said, his eyes squeezing shut.

"John, that's insane. Alex loves you, you know that," John slightly nodded. "You should get some sleep, we can talk in the morning okay?"

"Okay," John lied back down, trying to make his thoughts subside.

Hercules himself decided to getting some sleep might be nice, lying down on his back, looking up at the pristinely white ceiling.

He shut his eyes, slowly feeling sleep overtake him.

His last thought was a hopeful one.

Tomorrow will be better.

Word count: 1124 yessss (I feel so accomplished)
There will be mullette next chapter I promise.
Please comment guys I love comments
Bye :)