Chapter Twenty Two

Hercules hummed softly, slowly rubbing Lafayette's back.

The two were cuddled up under the covers in Hercules' bed, Lafayette wrapped in Hercules' arms. They had changed into dry clothing a while ago, the warmth of their now dry clothes and the comforter of the hotel bed was heavenly compared the the rain outside. Lafayette was on the brink of falling asleep with the low sound of Hercules' hum in his ears.

"Herc," Lafayette mumbled sleepily.

"What?" Hercules giggled as Lafayette stared at him, a confused expression on his face. "What?"

"I don't know," Lafayette was about to let himself drift off before he was disrupted by an urgent knock at the door, snapping Lafayette into a sudden awake state. "Who the fuck-"

"It's okay, I'll get it," Hercules lifted Laf off of him, placing him on one side of the bed before getting up, walking to the door, surprised to see Alexander behind it. "Alex?"

"Hey, can I borrow Laf for a second? I need to talk to him,"

Hercules gave him a look of confusion and slightly worry, but he nodded, heading back into the room. "Hey, Laf, Alex wants to talk to you."

Lafayette sighed, getting out of bed. "Hamilton, this better be important because if I got out of bed for nothing-"

"Trust me, it's extremely important. See ya later Herc!" Alex pulls Laf out the door, shutting it behind him as he drags the Frenchman away.

"That can't be good," Hercules mutters, crawling back into bed.

As one minute turns into ten minutes, soon turning into a half an hour Hercules starts to get worried. Not that he doesn't trust Alex, he just doesn't trust him with Lafayette. He really doesn't trust anyone with Lafayette, afraid somehow the man could get hurt if he's in the hands of anyone except himself.

"Hey Hercules," Lafayette comes in, a grin spread across his face. He went under the covers, returning to his previous spot, enveloped in Hercules' embrace. He kissed he larger man on the nose, his smile not changing even for a second.

"You seem happy," Hercules pointed out. "What'd you and Alex talk about

"I am, and nothing important, baby. Just some things Alexander wanted to ask me," Hercules gave him a look. "It was nothing, don't worry about it."

"Okay, I won't," Hercules sighed, slightly adjusting his grip on Lafayette's lean frame.

Lafayette leaned up to softly kiss Hercules cheek before letting himself fall back down onto Hercules' chest, letting his heavy eyelids shut slowly.

A/N: HAPPY PRIDE MONTH!! I went to a pride parade yesterday and it was a lot of fun, so many gays in such a small space. Beautiful.