Chapter Sixteen

A/N: The art is courtesy of my amazing friend HazelTheEevee who drew this for me. (Love you Abi!). It's basically what Laf looks like in this chapter.

"Would you stop pacing?!" Hercules had been walking steadily back and forth for at least half an hour before John finally snapped.

"John this is your fault. This is going to go horribly and I'm going to blame it on you," Hercules pointed a finger at John as he sat on the bed, burying his head in his hands.

"Hercules," John rolled his eyes, running a hand through his hair. "This'll be good for you. When's the last time you went on a date?"

"I um... Freshman year?" John's eyes widened.

"Dude, that was like five years ago," John resisted the urge to laugh.

"It's not like I have a lot of time to date John. Keeping up with all of my classes, going to all of the parties and shit you people drag me to. I teach a tailoring class for god sakes John."

"How hard could sewing some pants be?" Hercules lifted his head to shoot John a death glare. "You know what, that doesn't matter, you're going on this date." John grabbed his phone, checking the time. "It's in five minutes, we should go."

Hercules groaned falling back on the bed. John stood up and grabbed his arm, hoisting him up.

"Let's go," John practically dragged him out of the room, pushing him towards Lafayette's room. One last final nudge from John and Hercules was in front of the door. He took a deep breath, holding a fist up to the door.

"We don't have all day Herc," Hercules flipped him off, returning his fist to the door, lightly knocking twice.

It swung open and Hercules' jaw dropped, he was speechless.

Lafayette stood, one hand on the door knob, one hand on his hip. He was slightly leaning on the door, causing his pink skirt to fall slightly to the side. His slightly tight-fitting white sweater hung above his waistline, wrapping around his thin frame.

"You gonna say anything?" Lafayette's voice snapped Hercules back to reality.

"I-I just, you look..." Hercules was trying his hardest to grasp at his words, but it seemed almost impossible.

Lafayette's red-lipped smirk shined brightly. "Are you going to finish that sentence Monsieur?" Hercules felt warmth spread over his face when he heard Alex snicker from inside the room. "Come on Hercules," Lafayette held his arm out, inviting Hercules to take, which he did, shyly.

Lafayette's confidence surprised even himself, there was something about feminine clothing that just gave him a rush of pride. It was exhilarating.

"You look beautiful," Hercules kept his eyes fixed on the floor as they walked through the hotel, their arms tightly linked. Lafayette gazed at him, slightly surprised. "That's what I was going to say, I just... couldn't find the words."

It made Lafayette smile. He realized how this was one of the first times he had genuine compassion for another person that wasn't family. He liked the feeling, but he had to admit it was kind of scary, entrusting someone with something as important as your emotions. But he liked it, and he definitely did trust Hercules.

The two made their way into the street, Lafayette leading them as they walked. They snuck glances at each other, but never for too long, neither person wanting to seem too obvious.

"Where are we going?" Hercules piped up after a few minutes of silent walking. Not that the silence bothered him, it was comfortable.

"My favorite restaurant," Lafayette smiled in pride of the place, he had a lot of good memories. "Speaking of which, its right here," Lafayette pulled him around a corner and into a building.

A bubbly woman greeted them, leading them to a table. She took their drink orders and soon disappeared.

Hercules took a glance down at the menu, seeing a lot of it was in French.

"I think I'll have whatever you're getting," He chuckled, resting his arms on the table.

"There isn't anything on the menu that isn't simply amazing, mon amour," Lafayette didn't realize what he had said before he saw Hercules' face go red. Hercules didn't know a lot of French, but he did know what that meant. "Oh! I'm sorry I don't know if that bothers you. I wasn't thinking, I am so sorry," Lafayette rushed, looking down at his lap. His head shot up when he heard a squeal from beside them.

"I'm sorry but you two are just so cute," A girl, not any older than 13 said, holding her face in her hands, pretty hard actually, making her face squish under her hands.

If the two weren't red faced already, they sure were now.

Hercules composed himself well enough to speak, pointing out to Lafayette that his drink was in front of him. He hadn't noticed because his face was buried in his hands.

The two laughed, the awkward, red faced air that was previously there seemed to slip away as they talked.

They talked about anything and everything, even ignoring their food when it was placed in front of them. Every aspect of their lives they talked about. Neither was scared to be completely open with the other person.

As they left the place they both were smiling, both with the same thought in their minds.

That that night was the best of night of their lives.