Chapter Four

All Hercules could seem to do was give the man in the doorframe a puzzling look, all words seemed to leave his mind at the sight of the guy. From what Hercules could tell from the dim light, he had caramel skin, his deep brown hair tied back in a bun. Sure it was dark, but even in the dim light he could tell the man was beautiful.

"H-Hi?" Hercules managed to say, coming out quiet, almost a whisper.

"I'm so sorry to bother you but I was in my hotel room and there was a lot of Americans screaming and I came to see what was going on," the man rushed out. Hercules noted his thick French accent.

"Yeah that was my friend Alex," Hercules rubbed the back of his neck, trying not to be awkward in front of a cute guy. "Wait, you're French, why are you staying in the hotel anyways?"

"I'm supposed to be a guide, they asked me to spend the night here so that I would be here early in the morning," he chuckled. "I didn't expect to be woken at such an early time.

"Yeah sorry about him. So do you know what group you're guiding."

"Um... I think the group leader's name was John Laurens, but I could be mistaken," Hercules eyes widened.

"John Laurens?!"

"Yes?" Hercules could feel anxiety course through his veins. He'd have to spend a week with a cute guy and he was not prepared. "Do you know him?"

"Uh- Y-Yeah I do actually, he's my best friend," Hercules said, trying his hardest not to panic in front of Lafayette. "I'm part of his group."

"Oh! Then I suppose I should know your name," Lafayette said, a small smile tugging at his lips.

"Hercules Mulligan," Herc stated, feeling a blush rise in his face.

"Well I suppose I'll see you tomorrow then, Hercules," the way the frenchman said his name made Hercules want to melt. "Au revior."

"Bye," Hercules said quietly as Lafayette walked away. He felt like chasing after him, but that would make him look like an idiot. So he just stood there, watching him walk down the hallway, a small skip in his step.

"Who was that?" Hercules could here John ask from farther inside the room. He hadn't moved from the doorway since Lafayette left, his feet seemingly glued to the floor.

"Lafayette, his name was Lafayette," Hercules said, shutting the door and walking back over to where John was.

"Well, who was he?"

"He's our guide," Hercules sat on the bed putting his face in his hands when he felt his face redden.

"Our very cute guide."