Chapter Six

"Where is he?" Hercules tried his hardest to keep his voice quiet. Alexander hadn't been seen since the restaurant. No one in the group had bothered to ask where he had gone, and neither John nor Eliza were willing to tell him what had even happened outside the restaurant. All John would tell him was that he wasn't in the mood to talk about it and Eliza insisted John should be the one to explain.

"I don't know," Angelica said. She was just as worried as Hercules.

"Quiet down, all of you," Washington called out. All of the students were crammed into the small hotel lobby, eager to meet their guide and finally get to explore Paris. "Here we have a group of students who volunteered to show you around on this trip. So I won't have to babysit you all." He swung his hand in the direction of a group of kids, Lafayette among them.

"Who do you think our guide will be?" Eliza asked, bouncing on her heels. No, not heels as in shoes, she made the smart choice of wearing sneakers for once in her life.

"His name is Lafayette," Hercules said blandly, making Eliza stare at him in confusion.

"I met him," Hercules looked down, trying to hide the quite obvious blush on his face. It didn't work however, every one of the girls noticed.

"So, was he cute?" Maria asked, smirking as Hercules face turned from a light pink to a blazing red.

"Well- I um... he-"

"Quiet down everyone!" Hercules sighed in relief, suddenly very thankful Washington wasn't dealing with anyone's shit. He started reading names, pointing to people as he read.

"John Laurens and company, Lafayette," he called out. By now a lot of the groups had cleared out, giving them a clear shot to the front. Lafayette locked eyes with Hercules, his grin wide as he walked towards them.

"Bonjour, je m'appelle Lafayette," the smile on his face was still bright as he addressed the rest of the group, cheerily introducing himself.

"I'm Angelica," she stepped to the front of the group. "My sisters, Eliza, and Peggy," she pointed to the two girls, both of which were standing right next to her. Partly because they were excited to met the Frenchman, but also to see how they could form a plan to hook him up with Hercules. "That's Maria, and that's John. Oh, and I've heard you've already met Hercules. He's told us so much about you," the girls were tumbling over each other, Peggy wiggling her eyes at Lafayette, who seemed kind of amused by the sisters.

"All I said was his name was Lafayette!" Hercules said defensively, his face just as red as before. He could see the gears spinning in the girls' heads, not a good sign. Knowing them they most likely already had a plan.

"So what do you think about Hercules?" Eliza asked, grabbing Lafayette by the arm.

"Well I-" Hercules wasn't going to lie, he really did want to know what he was going to say, but Lafayette didn't get the chance to finish before someone practically busted down the hotel doors, frantically trying to get in.

The whole group turned around, the noise of the door bursting open slightly startling them.

The cause of the noise, a flustered looking Alexander, who, of course, everyone was staring at. Alexander didn't seem to notice nor care as his eyes darted from group to group.

"John!" Alexander screamed as his eyes finally found what they had been searching for.

The whole group was dumbfounded as Alex ran toward them. Alexander immediately switched his focus from John to Lafayette, who was extremely confused.

Alexander said something rapidly in French, a language the rest of the group was oblivious to.

After a few minutes of back and forth talking between the two Lafayette nodded and turned towards the rest of the group who were looking at his expectantly.

"Apparently, I have somewhere to take you." The company exchanged questioning looks, all wondering what the hell was going on. Especially John, who kept his eyes glued to Alexander, not wanting him to run off again.

"Follow me."