Chapter Twenty Four

"Where have you been?" John asked as Alexander crawled under the covers next to him. John instinctively curled into him, resting his head on Alex's chest.

"Talking to Lafayette and Washington," Alex said bluntly.

"Why?" John asked, looking up at Alexander, who just smiled down at him.

"You'll find out soon enough Johnny boy," John rolled his eyes, moving away from Alexander, who raised an eyebrow. "What was that for."

"How many times have I told you not to call me Johnny boy?"

Alex chuckled, pulling John back towards him by the waist. "A few. I know that you like it, you just won't admit it."

"Oh please, that nickname deserves to crawl into the pits of hell and rot there for a millennium," Alexander laughed, kissing John's forehead. "I'm serious."

"I know you are," Alex said. "So, it's only like five o'clock, what should we do with the rest of the day."

"What're the others doing?"

"Well I'm pretty sure the girls are in Peggy and Maria's room, gossiping most likely, since that's all they seem to do nowadays. Hercules and Lafayette are in Herc's room sleeping. I don't think they have anything planned," Alexander shrugged. He watched with confusion as John's eyes lit up. "Have something in mind?"

"I heard Thomas and James are going on a date tonight. I think Maria told me. We should crash it," John said excitedly.

Alexander shook his head. "John, that would be incredibly rude."

"Exactly."

"John..." Alexander said, giving John a look.

"What? You despise Thomas. What would crashing one little date matter?" John asked.

"Yes, I hate Thomas. But everyone knows how much he loves France, and he loves James even more. I'm sure he'd enjoy having a night out with his boyfriend without any disruptions. Besides, James isn't a complete dick, we could let him be happy."

"Fine," John sighed, nuzzling his face into Alexander's neck. "But if we're not crashing the date... Maybe we could go on a date?" John looked up at Alex nervously. Not that he had a reason to be nervous. Alexander was always down for a night out with John.

"Sure babe," Alexander smiled. "Wanna go now?"

John nodded hastily, getting of the bed, Alexander following him. John grabbed Alex's hand, pulling him out of the hotel room.

Alexander smiled as John pulled him into the elevator. The freckled-faced man's excitement never failed to brighten Alex's face. As the elevator doors closer John leaned on Alexander, who put an arm around his shoulder. Alexander looked down at him once more.

"This is going to be fun."

A/N: I had a few anxiety attacks today, fun huh?