Chapter Seventeen

"I had a lot of fun tonight Monsieur," Lafayette said as they neared the hotel. It was progressively getting darker as they walked, but neither of them minded.

"I did too," Hercules was wearing a fond expression as he glanced over for a second to see Lafayette with a bright smile across his face. "What do you think the others have been up to while we were gone?"

As if on cue Charles Lee bursted out of the hotel doors, John chasing after him not far behind. Hercules and Lafayette were dumbfounded, just standing there outside of the doors watching John's pace get faster and faster as he ran after Charles. Less than a minute later Alexander and Aaron Burr ran out of the hotel.

"Goddammit Burr, control your boyfriend," Alex's face was red with anger, he turned to Aaron.

"Control yours! Last time I checked John is chasing Charles," Aaron rolled his eyes, watching as John came closer and closer to catching Lee.

It wasn't until John had caught Charles and had him pinned to the ground, ready to throw a fist that Hercules decided it was time to take action. While Alexander was busy yelling at Aaron, getting in his face, Hercules had John and Charles thrown over his shoulders, John trying to break free, which of course wasn't going to happen.

"Burr you idiot! I-"

"I think these-" Hercules set the two boys down. "-Belong to you." Lafayette giggled from behind him.

"Silly Americans, your ways never cease to fascinate me," Aaron dragged Charles away, not saying a word. Alex however, had a few words for John.

"John what the hell?!" He screamed. "How many times have I told you not to fight Lee."

"A lot," John looked down, not wanting to meet Alexander's angry eyes.

"Last time you fought you almost shot each other, John."

"Well we didn't. You fight with Jefferson all the time, why is me having just a couple of fistfights with Lee such a big deal?" John still didn't look up.

"I argue, with Thomas. You could get hurt John."

John chuckled, looking up. "Argue? Tell that to your black eye the size of Thomas' fist that I had to hold an ice pack on for a solid hour a couple of weeks ago. Alex's expression softened a little bit. "I'm sorry 'Lex."

"It's okay John," Alex wrapped his arm around John's waist, kissing his cheek. He turned to Hercules and Lafayette. "So, how how was your night?"

Hercules grinned, looking over to Lafayette whose smile was just as wide. "Good, really good," Hercules blushed, making John and Alex smile.

"Cmon, let's go inside," John led the group inside.

"Oh by the way Laf," John separated from Alex to turn to the Frenchman. "You look good, damn."

"Courtesy of me," Alex chimed in. "I am an artist," he put extra emphasis on the i, making the rest laugh. "John! You should let me do your makeup!"

"Okay Alex," John giggled seeing his boyfriend so excited. "Night you guys," John waved to Hercules and Lafayette before pulling Alexander into their room, leaving Hercules and Lafayette alone in the hallway.

"Goodnight Laf," Hercules smiled before heading in the direction of his room before Lafayette stopped him.

"Mind if I join you?" Hercules felt his face go red, even though the question was innocent.

"N-No," Hercules opened the door, followed by Lafayette as he walked in. Lafayette immediately headed to the bathroom to wash the makeup off of his face. Hercules got in bed, feeling anxious about Lafayette being there. He didn't mind the boy's presence, he found it quite comforting. He was more nervous about the fact that he could do something horribly wrong.

"Calm down Herc, calm down," he muttered to himself.

"Hm?"Lafayette lied down next to him pulling the blankets up. "I hope you don't mind me being here, my room gets awful quiet."

"I don't, not at all," Hercules rolled over on his side, facing Lafayette.

Lafayette didn't respond, he just smiled softly, letting his eyelids slowly close.

"Goodnight Laf," Hercules said quietly, trying not to stare at Lafayette, who was already half asleep.

"Goodnight mon amour," Hercules felt his face heat up again, but he tried to push the feeling away, squeezing his eyes shut in an attempt to calm himself down.

It wasn't long before Hercules was asleep, his face returning to its usual dark color, the red hue disappearing. The last thought on his mind was definitely a good one.

The thought that Hercules might finally have someone.