Chapter Three

"What do you want Jeffershit?!"

It was three a.m. when everyone was woken by none other than Thomas and Alexander screaming at each other. It was a pretty common occurrence. It didn't matter if they were in a hotel were everyone was trying to sleep, the two couldn't manage to get along.

Hercules opened the door to his room, stepping out to see Alex already throwing punches at Thomas, who just dodged them effortlessly.

"I heard you fucked up," Thomas smirked. He'd fought with Hamilton enough to know exactly which buttons to push. "Everyone saw that little outburst on the plane. So what'd you do?"

"Why is it any of your business Thomas?" Alexander snarled, taking an angry step towards the taller of the two.

Hercules felt a hand gripping tightly to his arm. John had followed him out, worried about the possibility of Thomas and Alexander actually hurting each other since it's happened many, many, times.

"Oh, well I'm just concerned," Thomas put on a mask of obviously fake sympathy. "I'd hate for you to lose him, and this time it seems like that could be a possibility."

That hit a nerve, making Alex's face go bright in anger. Hamiltons fist was a few inches from Jefferson's face before it was stopped by a hand blocking it.

"Young men, I would greatly appreciate if you two could manage to not kill each other. This trip is hard enough without any fighting," Mr. Washington said, pushing Alexander's hand down. "Go back to your rooms, and stop acting like children."

Washington walked off, only looking back to give the two a warning glare. Alexander stepped away from Thomas, turning to see that everyone was in the hallway, staring at him. He ran into his room, slamming the door.

James Madison grabbed Thomas' arm, dragging him in the direction of what everyone assumed was their room, scolding him about causing trouble.

"Let's go," John's mild voice said, pulling on Herc's arm.

Hercules nodded, following him into the hotel room. He could tell that his friend was going to have a breakdown in three, two-

"I can't believe them!" John screamed, not caring that every student in the hotel would be able to hear him. "I can't do this Herc- I- I just-" John could feel his chest squeeze, he was hyperventilating.

"John. John!" John was pacing across the room, trying and utterly failing to compose himself.

"Jacky," Hercules stopped Laurens, putting his hands on the man's shoulders. "Calm. Down."

John felt his breathing start to slow. There was something about the childhood nickname that was so calming. He was extremely thankful Hercules had been friends with him long enough to know how to handle the situation. John knew he was crying, but he didn't make any move to dry his tears or cover his face, he just collapsed into his best friend's chest.

"Let it out John," Hercules said softy, wrapping his arms around him as John sobbed. Occasionally John would mumble something about Alexander between cries to which Hercules just said "I know, I know".

Eventually John quieted, wrapping his arms, which were previously limp at his sides, around Hercules.

"Thank you," John said after breaking away from their embrace.

"Don't worry about it, go back to sleep John," John nodded, walking back towards his bed, crawling under the blankets.

Hercules was about to do the same before he heard a slight knock at the door.

"I swear to god Alex, John doesn't need this right now," Hercules muttered to himself, walking towards the door, ready to give Alexander a piece of his mind.

He yanked the door open. "Listen here Al-"

He stopped, realizing the person at the door was in fact not Alexander.

"Bonjour mon ami, je m'appelle Lafayette."

Does that last thing count as mullette? Because I did promise... I'm gonna go with yes...