{Message! Message! Read All About It!} Lance x Galra!Reader [Part One]

Second request by foxtyper01 , who was very descriptive in her request which was awesome!! Please enjoy this two parted Oneshot, Message! Message! Read All About It! (BTW DID ANYONE SEE THAT SHIRO IS ALIVE WITH MATT IN THE ANIMATOR'S STORY ON INSTAGRAM OMG I AM SO HAPPY RN)

You knew the second you were welcomed into the Castle of Lions, you'd have to keep quiet about your race. You were part Galra, your mother being a very rebellious Galra. You'd been in search of your brother who'd been entered into a school. You hadn't heard from him since. Rumors were he'd run off and left Earth.

You were a rebel Galra as well. You had met with a man who needed help finding his sister and reported every day to him through communication channels.

Today, you quietly left your room, sneaking down the hallway. You heard something behind you, but ignored it as you jumped into a pod and launched out of the castle, setting coordinates to meet the man you'd been giving information to.

Little did you know, Lance had been following you. He quickly went to the control center, walking in to see Coran piloting the castle. Coran turned and smiled at the young paladin. "Yes Lance? What is it?" He asked. Lance gave him a serious look. "I need help. A pod just launched and I think (y/n) was on it", he said. Coran narrowed his eyes and turned, typing furiously. "I knew something was up with her the second we picked her up", he said.

"Well, she may not be doing anything bad", Lance countered, rubbing the back of his neck. Coran gave him a look. "Do not tell me you've actually fallen for this girl", he said. Lance blushed and looked away. "N-no".

Coran sighed. "I'll get the others", he said. Coran exited the room and Lance was left by himself. "God please let her not be a bad guy trying to kill us again!!" He said.

~

You reached the small outpost on the small moon of a planet. You exited the pod, walking up to the outpost. You unlocked the door and walked into the small house.

"Hello Mr. Holt", you said. He brunette male turned in his seat and smiled. "Anything about Katie?" He asked. You shook your head. "I'm afraid not", you said. He sighed. "I'm starting to think she won't ever come back", he said. You have him a sympathetic look. "I'll find her. Don't worry. If anything, at least you've seen her within the past lifetime. I don't even remember my brother's appearance", you said. 

Matt looked at you with sorrow in his eyes. "I am deeply sorry about your brother", he apologized again for what seemed like the seventy-third time. You sat down in a chair and started filling him in on where you'd been for the past month.

~

The Castle followed the pod's coordinates to a small moon. "I'm going to see where she went", Keith said. "I'm coming too", Lance said, putting a hand on Keith's shoulder. "We're all going", Shiro said. The boys (and girl) raced to the hangars and powered up their lions.

They quickly made their way down to the moon and started searching. They stopped and exited their lions upon seeing a small shack-looking home in the middle of the dessert-y moon. They started walking there.

"Maybe she's a spy for Galra?" Hunk asked. "No way. She would've done something or we'd be nearly dead again if that was he case", Lance said. Pidge looked at Shiro. "Do you think she might know where my family is?" She asked. Shiro looked at the shack. "Maybe. But whatever she's hiding is in that shack", he said.

Lance powered up his bayard and shot down the door, dust rising as the paladins entered. When the dust cleared. You stared wide-eyes at the paladins. "Matt?" Shiro and Pidge asked. Matt nodded and Hunk grabbed you by your wrists, holding them behind your back.

"Wait!! She helped me. She's been helping me", Matt said. Pidge cocked an eyebrow. "Well, we met and I've been looking for Katie forever. She helped me escape the Galra. She's looking for her brother."

Hunk released you and you rubbed your wrists. "And I'm sure he's dead by now. He left when he enrolled in the Garrison, the place where you three went", you said. Keith's eyes gleamed. "Wait, you're half Galra?" He asked. You nodded. "How do you know?" You asked.

"So am I", he said, pulling out his full Galra blade. You looked down at it. "I lost my sister when I left for the Garrison. I dropped out later", he said. You felt tears well up as you looked at him. "If your my brother, you'll have-"

"Half of a crystal that I split for you when I parted ways?" He finished, pulling out a silver chain with a broken piece of crystal hanging. You took out your half and connected the two, fitting perfectly. You hugged him as you both started crying. "I missed you so much. I can't believe I didn't notice it was you", you said. He smiled at your comment and hugged tighter. Lance's eyes widened as both Pidge and you were hugged by your brothers, all four crying after their long-gone siblings had returned practically from the dead.

~

After returning to the castle, the Voltron team brought you and Matt on board. They settled Matt into a room. The crew called you into the control room. All seven of them stood there, looking at you with faces of guilt. Silence fell among the paladins and the Alteans. Allura spoke first.

"We thank you very much for bringing Pidge's brother back. And we also...want to apologize", she said. Pidge stepped forward. "We're really sorry. I thought you were a spy. If I had known you'd saved my brother, I would've thanked you a long time ago", she said. Lance snorted. "I knew she wasn't evil the whole time. And you guys kept convincing yourselves that she was a spy", he said, pointing an accusing finger at the group. They sighed.

"Yes, it is true that you were the only one who believed that she wasn't a spy. And we're sorry", Shiro said, lowering his head in a sort of bow. You smiled a bit. "Thanks Shiro. And Lance", you said, taking his hand.

He looked up at you and you blushed, leaning in and kissing his cheek. "Thank yo for believing I wasn't a bad Galra", you said. Keith shoved you away. "Stop flirting with my sister", He said so Lance could only hear. Lance's face heated up as you exited with the group. "I only do it because I like her", he said quietly, following after the rest of you.