{It Takes Two To Tango}Lance x Reader

Hello guys! Please enjoy this oneshot! How about that season 3 and that trailer #NOTMYSHIRO #NOTMYSHIRO #NOTMYSHIRO #NOTMYSHIRO #NOTMYSHIRO #NOTMYSHIRO😭 and I heard you guys don't want Shiro to hurt Shirt, I'll have to talk to them about their fighting over you😂

"So, you asked this guy out and you don't even know how to dance?" Keith asked as he sat with you next to the group. "No. I asked him and he said yes. It's not like we're actually going to dance or anything", you said.

"That's what dances are for", Pidge said, taking a forkful of her red velvet cake and putting it in her mouth. You sighed. "Well, what am I supposed to do? Like, the guy I want to go with doesn't want to go, so why can't I go with Chad and not dance?" You asked. "Because Chad isn't Lance and you still like Lance. But hey, if you want to not dance at your first dance, be my guest", Pidge said. You glared at her.

"Hey guys!" Lance called out as he sat down next to you and Pidge. "So what's going on? Everyone still going?" He asked. The group nodded in unison. You shyly smiled at the ground. "(Y/n) is taking Chad and she doesn't even know how to dance", Hunk said as he inspected his meatloaf "surprise". Lance smiled at you. "I could teach you", he said.

"R-really?" You stuttered, unsure whether he was joking or not. He nodded. "I have some free time after school. I usually get the dance room upon request since I'm Miss Jay's best dance student so sure!" He said, smiling. Pidge looked at you from the other side of Lance, and out of eyesight from him, nodded at you.

"Okay."

~

"Okay, so the theme of the dance is like a Spanish type theme for Dia De Los Muertos type of thing since it's October right?" He asked as he set up a radio with a CD. You nodded. He stood up and took a remote with him that could power it at long distance.

He walked over to and pulled out the remote. Beautiful music from an acoustic guitar came out of it and Lance put away the remote. "Okay, so what you want to do is have your arm on my shoulder", he said, guiding you and placing his hand at the small of your back. You face almost went red as he grabbed your hand. "Okay, now try and follow my feet", he said.

You danced with him for half an hour until the door opened. "Hey (y/n). I've been looking everywhere for you", Chad said as he walked into the room. He and Lance exchanged glared as Chad grabbed your hand. "Thank you Lance", you said as Chad dragged you out of the room.

"Why were you with him?" He asked angrily as you two walked quickly down the hall. "He was just being friendly. What's your deal with him anyway? He's a great guy and a nice person", you responded. Chad shoved you into a locker and pinned you there.

"You are mine got it!? I asked you so you are mine for the rest of the year!" He yelled at you. You were becoming more and more scared of him now, unsure what his intentions were. "HEY!" Lance yelled from down the hall. He ran down the length of the hall and punched Chad away from you. Chad ran off somewhere and Lance helped you up.

"Did he hurt you? Are you okay?" He asked. You nodded. "Wh-why doesn't he like you?" You asked. Lance sighed.

"He likes you and he didn't want me to confess or go to the dance with you", he said, his eyelids closing halfway as he hung his head in shame. You kissed his cheek and he hugged you. "I really do like you", he said. You nodded. "Will you go to the dance with me? I promise I'll protect you from that bastard", he said. You nodded again and he kissed your forehead.

~

"I am not wearing those hideous shoes Allura", you said. Pidge and you had locked yourselves into your bathroom as Allura waited outside of it, a pair of (f/c) and green heels in one hand and her phone in the other. "Come on! It's not that big of a deal!" She yelled. There was a knock on your bedroom door and Allura rushed to open it. "Hi, is (y/n) in there?" Lance asked. Allura nodded. You slowly came out of the bathroom. Lance's eyes widened at the sight of you.