01

Updates may be quite rapid :) i will try my best to update regularly. This chapter will be quite short.

Mae Arthurs was a junior at Liberty High, a cheerleader and an excellent student who had moved from England when she was 9. She had created the perfect plethora of friends which were a mixture of jocks, other cheerleaders and classmates. Her life was great until the day that information arose: her close friend Hannah Baker, had killed herself.

---

The usually bright atmosphere of the high school was dimmed. A rain cloud of gloom hung over everyone, knowing that they had lost Hannah.

Mae arrived at school and approached her locker. Her nimble fingers trembled as she fumbled with the lock, opening the door and taking out the binders she needed.
"Hey Mae" a voice spoke from behind her which she discovered to be Justin Foley, her close friend and school jock. "Morning Justin" she greeted, suppressing her thoughts momentarily. "How are you holding up?" He asked sympathetically, rubbing her arm. She nodded and smiled weakly, "As best as you would expect"

---

(In the next chapter, it has been a week since ^^^ and people on the tapes have heard it. They are currently in Clay's possession. The next paragraph is timed in the second episode and Mae and everyone else has listened to the tapes. Mae is on the tapes, only because she was super close with Hannah but they grew apart when Mae spent more time with the jocks and her current group of friends.)