07

Mae sat on the bleachers, watching the boys warming up before the game. Soon she began to zone out, just thinking to herself. 'Maybe if I hadn't left Hannah, she would still be alive' she thought, not noticing Sheri sit next to her. "Mae. Mae. Mae!" She said, shaking the girl who was far from paying attention. "Wh-what?" Mae stuttered, reality flooding back. The double doors opened, allowing students from Liberty and their competing school to enter the hall. "We need to warm up, people are coming in" Sheri said as she stood up with Mae, "are you okay?" Mae nodded, though she wasn't 100% sure, "Yeah. Let's go"

They stood stretching with the rest of the cheer squad as the basketball team talked over formations. Mae leant forward to touch her feet, her skirt rising past her shorts. Zach, who had just stuck his head up, saw Bryce sat in the bleachers with his eyes transfixed on something. Mae. Specifically her ass. "One second" He said to Justin, jogging to Mae's side. He pulled her into a hug and kissed her passionately. Mae didn't object at all, working her lips in harmony with Zach's. "Have i ever mentioned how much I-" he kissed her forehead, "love-" he kissed her nose, "kissing-" he kissed her cheek, "you?" He finished by kissing her lips. She nodded as she stood on her tiptoes, "you-" she kissed his forehead, "may-" his nose, "have-" his left cheek, "mentioned-" his right cheek, "It." his lips. He chuckled as he looked up at Bryce, whose smirk had faded and was replaced by a scowl. "Thank you" Mae whispered, "Good luck" she smiled. Zach pecked her neck before jogging off, "I LOVE YOU MAE ARTHURS!" he exclaimed, jumping up and down. "I LOVE YOU ZACH DEMPSEY!" She yelled back, earning looks from the majority of people in the hall. She looked back at Bryce, who was still scowling. Smiling to herself, she began the cheer routine with the squad.

The game was going excellently. Liberty were winning and there were 2 minutes left. It would be impossible for them to lose. The opposing team currently had possession, the player with the ball dashing towards the basket. However, Zach obstructed the path before taking possession of the ball "WOO! GO ZACH! THATS MY BOYFRIEND!" Mae cheered as Sheri whooped with her. "They're doing so well!" Sheri said gleefully, continuing to shake the striped pom-poms that every cheerleader held. Mae smiled back, "I know. They can't lose, there's no way" shaking her pom-poms in unison with Sheri. She had always liked Sheri and when they listened to the tapes, Sheri was crushed. Mae had never seen someone feel so guilty which caused the two girls to become closer through comforting each other. Jess walked over, "Mae, Sheri" she grinned, standing beside Mae. "Jessica, are you proud of Justin? He's been playing amazing" Mae asked as the girls continued to cheer. Jess nodded, "Of course. Have you seen Zach? Those two are like...the dynamic duo" she laughed, earning laughs from Sheri and Mae. This was the group of friends that Mae always wanted as a young child and she felt completed knowing that she had people to rely on.

The game was coming to a close, the last ten seconds felt like ten minutes as the Liberty team carried the ball to the end of the court, landing it into the basket just before the final buzzer. "LIBERTY HIGH WINS!" The referee yelled, half of the crowd erupting into cheers. Mae ran towards Zach happily as he joined the boys. He picked her up and spun in a circle, keeping her elevated in the air. "Zachary Dempsey you were incredible!" Mae cheered, kissing him. He kissed back roughly, taking it as his trophy. "I think our rendezvous gave me good luck. Looks like we'll have to do the same before every game from now on" he smirked, wrapping his arms around her waist.

Sorry this chapter is short.