16

Sorryyy for not updating in almost a week. I've been kinda busy so to apologise, this chapter is a bit longer. Thank you for 4K reads and the positive feedback!!

"Mae. Mae wake up" Zach shook her shoulder as he sat up beside her however her eyes remained shut. The dark haired boy bowed his head closer to his girlfriend's and pressed light kisses on her nose. Fluttering open, her eyes adjusted to the pleasant light reflecting against the windows. "Zaaaach" she yawned, nestling her head further into the covers and pillows. He climbed out of the bed and began to dress himself for school.

"Wh...what are you doing?" Mae asked, sitting up in the bed. Zach chuckled as he packed his basketball kit into his duffle bag, "Getting ready for school. It's Friday" Mae practically leapt out of bed after seeing the time displayed on Zach's phone that he SO graciously displayed to her. "Shit" she mumbled, changing into her clothes from the day before. Zach just observed and laughed to himself, "Oh my god calm down, I set my phone an hour ahead. We have an hour before we get to school". Mae launched a shirt at Zach in annoyance, "You're such a dick" she grumbled. He moved closer to her and whipped the shirt around her back so that it held her closer to him. "Calm down babe" he laughed, kissing her neck. "You scared me. I thought we were late and you have a game today!" She laughed. "Well, at least we have enough time to ourselves now" he smirked, peppering kisses across Mae's jawline. She laced her fingers together around his neck and kissed him roughly. He kissed back with equal amounts of force and hunger, emphasising how much he needed her. Mae broke the kiss and smirked, "Now this has to wait until after you win the game tonight" before she continued changing into her clothes.

---

Mae stood in her bedroom packing the things she needed for cheerleading at the basketball game. She had changed outfits to a blue top that came off the shoulders with lace adorning the frills that ran around the collar. She paired it with black ripped jeans and a pair of white converse. Her school bag was hung over her shoulder and her duffle bag was gripped in her hand as she strode down the stairs and to the front door. The sun beamed down, signalling the start of warmer seasons which Mae thoroughly enjoyed. She was ecstatic to endure many pool parties that would be held by countless students in the upcoming months. Zach smiled to her as she climbed into the passenger seat and they drove to school.

"Tonight's game is a sure win. I can feel it" Zach grinned, holding Mae's hand as they walked up to the school doors. "Are your family coming?" She asked. Opening the school doors, her ears filled with a cacophony of voices that buzzed with talk about the game. Zach nodded gleefully as Mae packed books into her bag out of her locker. She hugged him happily and smiled, "They're so lucky to have a strapping young man like yourself in their family" Her hands played with the buttons of his letterman jacket as he leant down to plant a kiss on her lips. "I'm so lucky to have an amazing young woman like yourself to accompany me to this game" he added with a smile. That same smile that made Mae weak at the knees.

---

Alex's thoughts roamed everywhere as he wandered to his French class. Hannah, the tapes, the fight. It was all so much that he felt as though he could burst at any moment. He was practically a walking talking volcano. Bruises gathered on his cheeks and his lips were cut from the punches that Montgomery had gifted him. However, the grey clouds seemed to part as he wandered into the classroom. Mae sat smiling in her seat as she waited for him to arrive.

"I was getting worried you weren't coming" Mae said, opening her notebook as Alex sat down. "I was gonna stay at home but why give Monty the satisfaction?" He asked rhetorically while he pulled his own book out. His fingers clicked his pen anxiously as the teacher began a lecture on why French is such an important language in the modern day. Every so often, Mae and Alex would glance at each other and laugh quietly as the teacher rambled on about her language.