1: The new face

Jughead's Pov:

"Hey did you know that Betty's back", Archie asks while grasping onto Veronica's hand. Surprising enough they were still together after four years. 

My eyes widen, really I would have thought New York would have changed her mind, We used to be so close, but for some reason we grew apart. 

"Hey babe", Maggie says from beside me, completely bringing me back to life. 

"Yeah", I smile over at her. 

"Whose, Betty", she asks while eyeing Archie and Veronica who were currently trying not to make eye contact. 

"Umm an old friend," I reply, lying. Why didn't I tell her about me and Betty dating. I'm so stupid. 

"Friend", Veronica smirks, but stops when I shoot her a glare while Maggie wasn't looking my way. I soon change the subject by saying, "So our date tonight at Pop's right".

This seems to have worked because she smiles and then says, "Of course". Something feels really wrong right now for some reason, my mind wasn't in the right place. I just need some food.

                                                            **

Betty's Pov:

"Hey mom, I'm going house hunting tomorrow," I tell her while walking past her into the kitchen.

"Oh honey, you know your always welcome here", She smiles while following me.

"I know, but I'm a grown up now. I need to have a house or at least apartment of my own" I say while walking over to the fridge to get me a bottle of water. 

"I know, it's just it's been a little lonely since me and your father's divorce. It's not a bad thing to have company," She explains.

"Mom, how come your not dating. I know you and Mr. Andrews have always had that little flirtation thing going on", I chuckle.

"Are you kidding me, I despise that man," She laughs along with me. 

"Ugh fine, I'm gonna head to Pop's to get some supper want anything," 

"No honey, I'm fine I need to head to work", she smiles while pulling me in for the second hug today. 

"It is really nice having you back."

"Yeah it feels right", I laugh while grabbing my car keys and heading to Pop's.

                                                                                    **

The red and blue lights I can see from down the street, reminding me of my teen years of sneaking out of the house and coming here when I needed something sweet to cure my stressful day. 

I smile at the memory, before pulling into the parking lot. When I open the entrance door, the bell ringing causing Pop Tate to turn and look my way, and he's soon smiling while saying, "Betty Cooper, back in Riverdale. Well isn't this a sight for sore eyes".

"Hey Tate, it's a pleasure as always", I laugh.

"Strawberry milkshake", he asks smiling.

"Yep". I sit down at the bar in front of the cash register, when I hear the bell ding again, but this time causing me to turn and glance curiously. Then I see him, Handsome as always, maybe a little taller. But the same grey crown beanie rest on his black wavy hair. He hadn't spotted me yet, but I could still see his beautiful blue/green eyes. The same bright smile was on his face, and right when his eyes met mine, a look of surprise appeared on his face. I smiled in his direction, and he did the same in reply. But, shortly after the surprise on his face was changed with a look of worry, and that really made me confused. 

But then A pretty blonde, with the same sense in style as me walked in behind him, and everything clicked. He didn't need me anymore.

                                                                   **

I KNOW SHORT CHAPTER, SORRY BUT I PROMISE THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE LONGER.

I PLAN ON CONTINUING THIS NIGHT IN THE NEXT CHAPTER SO YOU CAN SEE THEIR ENCOUNTER.

TELL ME WHAT YOU THOUGHT, THANKS FOR READING!!!!