3: Set Me Up V

Jughead's Pov:

There she sat in her class room, wow that sounds so crazy. She actually works here now, like officially. She had black rimmed glasses on and for some reasons I let my mind wonder to the thought that I didn't think any other woman would look as good as she did with them on. Her blonde curly hair was down and framed her face. But, you could still see the top of her cheek bones from afar. I could tell that she was really concentrating on something because, I noticed that her eyebrows were furrowed and she was biting the end of her pen. The last time I'd seen her like this, was when she was stressed about finals before graduation, god sometimes it feels like it was just yesterday. Back to when I'd would sneak in through her window from the ladder resting against the side of her house. But, he didn't need to think about that, it was the past and he had a girlfriend. A beautiful blonde, which now he thought about it had a large resemblance to Betty. quickly I moved away from the window and headed back to the blue and gold office, which is why he was there in the first place to work. Not gawk at his ex-girlfriend he hadn't seen in four years.

                                                                                        **

Betty's Pov:

"Hey mom I think I found me an apartment", I said in disbelief.

"Really, that was quick", She replied,I could tell she was upset though. 

"Mom, you know I'll visit a lot. And, besides you can come visit me anytime you want. I mean it is just right down the street", I smile. 

"I know, and I'm so happy that your settling down somewhere. And, I'm glad it's here. So that's a plus", She explained. 

"See exactly, it's not like I decided to stay in New York", I laugh. 

"Yep, now that you put it that way. I'm glad your back here, even if you aren't still living under my roof." She chuckled while giving me a hug. I missed this, she really changed over the last 5 years. She's come so far, to be the best mom I could ask for.

"S-so have you seen Jughead yet", She asked not really making eye contact, because of the subject change. 

"Yes actually, how come you didn't tell me he worked at the high school. Or, that he had a girlfriend", I question standing in front of her. 

"Because, I didn't want you getting too over your head about it. I knew if I told you he had a girlfriend, you would start questioning your self. I didn't want to put you through that while you were away", She explained. 

"Wait, how long have they been dating", This really interested me, I thought it was something new.

"3 years", she admitted, while looking down at her coffee mug. 

"W-what, why didn't Ronnie and Archie tell me two years ago when they visited me back in New York", I asked confused.

"Honey, they were sparing you the heart ache".

"Mom, the only thing that's a heart ache is that ya'll didn't think I was ready to know about it", "I would have been okay, as long as he's happy, I'm happy", I lied. I know she could tell I wasn't telling 100% of the truth, but she didn't comment on it. Instead she just muttered, 

"I'm sorry, but after awhile we just thought we'd wait until you came back. And, we thought that you may have already had a boyfriend of your own,".

"I had two boyfriends after him, Mom i'm 21 I think I can start protecting myself now", 

"I know honey, but sometimes it still feels like your 17", She smiled while leaning into slightly kiss my cheek and leave to head to work. 

Gosh I really needed to get a boyfriend, and stop thinking about Jughead so much. 

I took out my phone and dialed Veronica's number,

"Hello", I heard her confused voice. 

"Ronnie, it's me. Do you want to play match maker", I asked, and when I heard her squeal through the phone I couldn't help the smile that appeared on her face, I really am home. 

"Oh my god, yes I'm so in", I laughed at her enthusiastic self. 

"Okay, set me up V. I need to get back out there like you said".

                                                                               **

PRETTY SHORT CHAPTER, I'M SORRY.

I HOPE YOU LIKED IT ANYWAY, PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THOUGHT.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING!!