5: Unexpected Dinner Party

Betty's Pov:

"Oh hey Jug what are you doing here", I ask, looking over at him walking off the porch to his old home. He looks shocked to see me, even though he knows I'm currently living here. Maybe he was trying to leave before he saw me, well looks like that didn't work.

"O-oh, Betty. I didn't think I would be seeing you anytime soon", he manages to finally spit out awkwardly, walking down the sidewalk to his truck, or I'm guessing his dad's old truck. It fits him it's manly, and if theirs anything to know about Jughead, that would be that he is actually very manly.

"How come, you were literally just at your old house, that also happens to be right beside mine. We were bound to run into each other," I reply sarcastically. His face seems angry at first for some reason, but then moves to being amused. 

"Well, I see you still got that same sense of humor", He mutters opening his truck door.

"Shouldn't I be the one telling you that, or have you lost the one thing I liked about you", I smirk, catching him off guard with my oh so wise chose of words. Really Betty trying to get yourself into an awkward situation I see.

"So I see you really didn't like me that much then, because I used to be one of the driest people in Riverdale", He mutters,while he gets inside his truck. I have a hard time seeing his facial features. For some reason I feel like I hurt his feelings.

"You know that's not what I mean't Jug", I smile rolling my eyes trying to brighten up his mood again. 

"Long time since I heard that," I hear his slightly un-amused voice mutter to himself. I try to keep myself from saying anything else stupid so, I quickly mutter,

"I guess I'll see you at school then", and then speed walk over to my car. I don't turn to look over at him, but I soon hear the roaring of his truck and the sound of him driving off. All I do is run my hands through my hair, cussing before starting my car and driving to work.

                                                                    **

Jughead's Pov:

I don't know what came over me this morning. I guess I told myself that if old feelings were resurfacing then it was just better to stay away. It was the only way, and plus aren't her and Reggie a thing now. I shudder at the thought of them being a couple, before I hear my phone ring.

"Hello", I ask into the phone not caring to look at caller-id.

"Hey Jug, I thought that you and Maggie would come over to dinner tonight at mine and Ronnie's house," I hear Archie's nervous voice, and once he says it I know that for some reason Veronica put him up to it. What is that girl planning. 

"Um, well you see me and Maggie aren't really on speaking terms at the moment", I find myself muttering. 

'Wait why, what did you do", I hear Archie's amused voice. How come he always finds it amusing when me and her argue. 

"Because I didn't tell her about mine and Betty's past,"

"And, why the hell did you do that", he chuckles, causing me to roll my eyes. 

"Because, I didn't think Betty was going to come back. And, by the time she did I didn't really think it was necessary,"

"Really dude, how did you ever think that would have worked out. She would have found out sooner than later, just be thankful it came out before you two got married or something"I laugh at the thought of getting married, and I don't know why it sounded so silly to me. 

"Yeah I guess so", I find myself saying instead of bringing up the topic of marriage. 

"Well go home apologize and come over tonight at 7:00, you know what happens when Ronnie doesn't get her way with this type of stuff", He laughs.

"Okay, I'll fix it man", I mutter, hanging up but for some reason there was a 5% part of my brain telling me not to. 

                                                                              **

Betty's Pov:

"What couldn't wait until tomorrow V, it's 7:00. And, how come you always make me go places when I'm dressed awfully, I'm in pajamas.," I ask walking into her and Archie's apartment. 

"Here come with me, I have something for you to wear", she smiles dragging me to her bedroom. 

"Why am I here", I mutter, but she doesn't answer.Instead she pushes something into my hands and says,

"Quick change, everyone will be here in a few minutes", 

"Wait what, who's coming over", but she just pushes me into her bathroom. 

Looking into the full length mirror after changing I see the outfit that V picked out for me. It was beautiful. It was a black and red dress. That had spaghetti straps and a plunging neck line that was giving me anxiety about the fact that I was showing way to much cleavage. It ended right above my knees and fit perfectly to my body. Wow, she sure knows how to shop. The most fanciest I have ever gotten to a dress like this was prom or homecoming. 

I walk out of the bathroom, but Veronica wasn't anywhere, instead there where just a pair of black heels sitting on her bed with a sticky note saying put these on. So that's exactly what I did, and afterwards I walked out of the room and into the dinning room. 

"V, where are you", I asked to no one. 

When I walked back over to the front entrance there they all stood. Veronica, Archie. 

And, Jughead with Maggie. And the only two who seemed surprised by my arrival where the last two. They both had a look of shock and I could see Maggie looked even a little angry. What did I do.

"Am I interrupting something, Ronnie why am I here", I question looking around at the familiar faces.

"Of course not, I thought we could all have a nice dinner, so we can all catch up. Doesn't that sound nice", V walks over to me, wraps her arm around my shoulder, while everyone else nods quietly. This is going to be one hell of a night. I knew that for sure.

                                                                                       **

PROBABLY NOT THE BEST CHAPTER, BUT PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THOUGHT.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING!!!