12: Secrets and Pop's

Betty's Pov:

"Wait, so he literally just showed up at your house," Veronica asks sitting up from her bed, and looking over at me with a pissed expression.

"Yes v, I already told you..And don't worry I told him off," I reply, feeling a smile spread across my face at her protective side.

"Good, because I will totally kick his ass if you need me to, or actually I'll have someone else do it, because you know..I'm pregnant," She suggests glancing down at her stomach. 

"Honestly, I'll be fine..I just hope he's left town already..I'm not dealing with him, especially not now, I mean the moment in life where I'm finally happy..And, something like t-this happens..My luck I tell you," 

"It'll be fine, just focus on the good things in life..Like Jughead, and me and Archie, and your mom," She smiles over at me.

"I will, I'll never forget about you guys. you're all my family," I explain, leaning into hug her. She really is my best friend. 

                                                                        **

"How come you never told me sooner," Jughead asks leaning in to wrap his arm tighter around me. I smile up at his, saddened expression. 

"Because, it all happened when were weren't talking..And, when I got back, I honestly forgot all about it..I wanted to start my life here again. And, I literally mean it when I tell you, that when I crossed the Riverdale welcome sign. It felt like my life had pressed play again. I feel like when I left Riverdale everything hit pause." 

"God, Cooper you sure have a way with words," I hear from behind me, well, well, well who could that possibly be.

"Reggie, pleasure to see you to," I spit back towards him, slightly turning around in our booth to glance over my shoulder, at our ease dropper.

"What are you doing here," Jughead asks, wrapping his arm even tighter around me, as if to say, stay away to Reggie.

"It is a public place, I can do as I please...So you two," Reggie gestures between us. 

"Yes Reggie, were back together," I explain, raising an eyebrow in annoyance. 

"Well, it's not like I didn't see that coming..You two have been eye raping each other since High school," he chuckles at his own, disgusting joke.

"Just leave us alone Reggie," Jughead speaks up, glaring towards him. 

"Hey, I was only asking a simple question, no need to go all serpent Jughead on me," Reggie smirks, and I can feel Jughead tense up beside me. Wait whats going on?

I glance over at Jughead to see his jaw clinched, and eyebrows pursued. 

"Jug," I question, in confusion. 

"It's nothing, come on Betts we better be heading back home," Jughead insists grabbing me firmly by the arm, and pulling me out of the booth. 

"What's going on," I stop in my tracks once we reach the parking lot, crossing my arms in anger. What is he hiding. 

"Nothing, okay..Can we talk about this later, I really need to head to work, and get you back home" He changes the subject leaning into press a small kiss to the corner of my lips, before heading over to his truck.

"Are you coming," He asks through the open window.

"Um, no Ronnie and I are meeting up at her apartment. I can walk from here, it's just down the street," I lie through me teeth, while pointing my finger in the direction of Ronnie's house.

He seems uncertain for a second, before finally uttering a "I love you" before backing up out of the parking lot, and down the street. I stay in place until I see his truck turn a corner.

"V, we need to talk," I text her quickly, before stuffing my phone back in my pocket. Then heading to her place, with an expression of anger, and confusion permanently stuck on my face for the time being.

                                                                                        **

"What's going on, it's 7:00 in the morning," veronica yawns, opening the door fully so I can enter. 

"What are ya'll hiding from me," I ask through clinched teeth, 

"What are you talking about," She asks confused, bringing a hand up to wipe the sleep from her eyes.

"Why is Reggie calling Jughead a serpent, and how come Jughead got so defensive when he called him it," I question, pulling my hair up out of my face in frustration.

"What the hell are you even talking about," She still asks confused, uncertain if she should say anything else.

"Your hiding something, what the hell happened to Jughead after I left," I yell, causing a very confused and tired Archie to walk out of their bedroom.

"Betty," He asks also rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"Yes, it's me..And, how about one of you tell me what happened after I left before I do something stupid, because I feel like I'm losing my mind," 

"B," Ronnie says grasping my hand, her face held a look of uncertainty.

"Just fucking tell me already," I scream, causing her to jump back from me in shock.

"Calm down," she mutters, grabbing my arm in attempt to comfort me.

"No, I won't calm down,not until I get some answers, so one of you start talking...Now," I breathe, closing my eyes in attempt to let some anger out. 

"Betty," Archie says, trying to ease my mind. 

"Tell me," I demand, stepping closer to the two of them.

"Jughead became a serpent," Veronica mutters. 

There was a part of me that kind of suspected that, but why does it hurt so much more actually knowing that it was true. Why did it affect me so bad, how come I feel like I've been betrayed. I feel like I've been lied to for so long. 

I'm done, I can't do this anymore. I glance between the two, feeling the tears leak from my eyes. I slowly turn away from them shaking my head in disappointment before walking over towards their front door.

"B", Ronnie calls for me, but that doesn't stop me, I can't trust them anymore. For them to keep a secret like this from me, for 4 years. And, they still didn't tell me after I was back. I thought they were my friends, No I thought they were my family.

Looks like I was wrong.

                                                                                         **

I HOPE YOU LIKED THE SMALL CHAPTER, I PROMISE TO WRITE A MORE EXCITING CHAPTER ONCE SCHOOL IS COMPLETELY OUT AND I CAN WRITE ALL SUMMER.

TELL ME WHAT YOU THOUGHT OF THE CHAPTER, AND PLEASE VOTE

THANKS SO MUCH, 2K READS!!!!!!!!!