8: Ponytails and Arguments

Betty's Pov:

"Wait..So you literally haven't talked to him since that night", Veronica asks raising an eyebrow, whilst shaking her head in disappointment. 

"What, -what was I supposed to do. I mean I tried calling him, but of course he doesn't want to talk to me. I mean I wouldn't want to talk to me...I basically blew him off", I frown while putting my head between my hands. 

"And, why would you do that", 

"Because...I am not becoming that girl", I nod my head. 

"And, what type of girl are you talking about", she questions confused while bringing a hand up to grab a fry off my plate before placing it in her mouth. 

"The type that steals girls boyfriends", I explain.

"Betty, you don't get it do you", She chuckles. 

"What.....What could I possibly not get," I ask also grabbing a fry to eat. 

"You and I both know that he is still madly in love with you, that's never gonna change," 

"I never said I didn't still know that. My whole point is that, I'm not going to start hooking up with him while he has a girlfriend, I'm not that type of girl...And, I mean they're practically engaged," 

"B, I get where your coming from. But, if you want to be with Jughead. Don't let your nice side get in the way of getting what you want for once.....Sometimes you need to be selfish." She comments, grabbing my hand. 

"But, I can't just do that.... Ronnie if he really wants to be with me, then he has to break up with Maggie. I'm not sneaking around with him, if there's one thing that I can do right for once. Then it will be to have no more secrets...okay", I exclaim. 

"Okay", she huffs out, gosh she can be pushy with certain topics sometimes. 

                                                               **

Jughead's Pov:

"Jug, can you please start helping out around the house. It's honestly not that big of a deal", Maggie yells from down the stairs. 

"I do help out, I do the laundry, I do the dishes, sometimes I even cook. I do more than you, and I actually go to work 5 days a week, sometimes 7 days a week," I yell back, walking down the stairs and heading into the kitchen to where she stands over the stove, cooking something. 

"I'm talking about recently. Every since a couple nights ago, you've been...odd", She explains turning around to glance at me quickly before turning back to focus on the food. 

"Look....I'm sorry but I've been really stressed out lately okay", I apologize, walking up behind her and wrapping my arms around her waist. She leans into me, while grabbing a hold of my hands that were in front of her. 

"I know, and I wish you would tell me what it is," She mumble, turning around in my arms to where she is looking up at me. 

I don't say anything straight away, instead I just stood there. Trying to decide if I should tell her or not. I mean Betty told me that we couldn't get back together, but yet the entire time I stood here looking at Maggie, my mind played tricks on me. And, for a couple seconds it really looked like Betty standing in front of me. 

"Um.....Okay, so the other night I got a call from Betty's mother." 

"Yeah, about what", She asks leaning into press the side of her head against my chest.

"Betty was at the hospital.....And, when I got there I heard her talking to Archie and Veronica about something," I reply, stopping briefly.

"I heard Betty say that she had a miscarriage a couple years ago, and then after that she had tried to kill herself",